New pc build gone wrong

VictorHemicke

hi, i for the first time desided to make a custom pc. well it went "ok" until we started it up. everything turns on but, the screen, mouse and keyboard dosen't

specs:

Motherboard: Asus rog strix z490-e

CPU: i7 10700k

GPU: Nvidia Geforce gtx 1060 6gb

PSU: Corsair RMX 850

and other stuff that dosen't mather

3 minutes ago, VictorHemicke said:

hi, i for the first time desided to make a custom pc. well it went "ok" until we started it up. everything turns on but, the screen, mouse and keyboard dosen't

specs:

Is it plugged into the front panel and if so is the usb header plugged in.

7 minutes ago, VictorHemicke said:

specs:

Have you tried using the onboard graphics instead of your GPU to rule out a faulty card?

Gaming/Editing PC

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 GPU: Asus Dual Edition RTX 2070 Super OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3000 MHz PSU: Corsair HX650 Case: Fractal Design Meshify-C White

1 minute ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

Is it plugged into the front panel and if so is the usb header plugged in.

i don't think so. i am very new to this stuff so i don't even know what a usb header is

1 minute ago, thebagsman said:

Have you tried using the onboard graphics instead of your GPU to rule out a faulty card?

yes

10 minutes ago, VictorHemicke said:

specs:

Is it inside the case? If so take it out and test it on a carboard box.

Just now, VictorHemicke said:

i don't think so. i am very new to this stuff so i don't even know what a usb header is

There should be cables running from the top front of your case or wherever your front panel I/O is.  This has power for your start, restart, leds, and front panel USBs that all need plugged in.  Your motherboard should have leds as well that will tell you if a piece of hardware is failing to post.

Gaming/Editing PC

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 GPU: Asus Dual Edition RTX 2070 Super OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3000 MHz PSU: Corsair HX650 Case: Fractal Design Meshify-C White

1 minute ago, VictorHemicke said:

The front panel is the the usb on the case and when you built your pc there shouldve been a blue cable coming out labeled usb and you plugged it into your mobo that is the usb cable. Try plugging in you keyboard and mouse to the motherboard directly in the back of the case.

1 minute ago, thebagsman said:

There should be cables running from the top front of your case or wherever your front panel I/O is.  This has power for your start, restart, leds, and front panel USBs that all need plugged in.  Your motherboard should have leds as well that will tell you if a piece of hardware is failing to post.

when i press the start button all RGB turns on but nothing else. i am sorry i don't really understand what you are saying

5 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

The front panel is the the usb on the case and when you built your pc there shouldve been a blue cable coming out labeled usb and you plugged it into your mobo that is the usb cable. Try plugging in you keyboard and mouse to the motherboard directly in the back of the case.

it is already plugged in the bag of my case to the motherboard usb

it is already plugged in the bag of my case to the motherboard usb

Hmmm then I dont know

17 minutes ago, VictorHemicke said:

when i press the start button all RGB turns on but nothing else. i am sorry i don't really understand what you are saying

Check your motherboard manual for the location of your post code leds.  These should tell you if your cpu, RAM, etc are failing to post.  If those are not working it is likely either a dead motherboard or a bad power supply.  Are your case and cpu fans spinning?  Or just RGB lights coming on?

Gaming/Editing PC

30 minutes ago, thebagsman said:

Check your motherboard manual for the location of your post code leds.  These should tell you if your cpu, RAM, etc are failing to post.  If those are not working it is likely either a dead motherboard or a bad power supply.  Are your case and cpu fans spinning?  Or just RGB lights coming on?

my water cooling rgb fans don't have rgb but is spinning. my case fans have rgb but is not spinning

3 minutes ago, VictorHemicke said:

my water cooling rgb fans don't have rgb but is spinning. my case fans have rgb but is not spinning

I would go through your motherboard manual and make sure everything is plugged in correctly.  As of right now I'm still leaning to either a bad motherboard or power supply.  

Gaming/Editing PC

21 minutes ago, thebagsman said:

I would go through your motherboard manual and make sure everything is plugged in correctly.  As of right now I'm still leaning to either a bad motherboard or power supply.  

i don't think anything is bad because the power supply spins and the motherboard lights up and is counting some dial. and i have gone threw my motherboard but i don't really know what to change

27 minutes ago, VictorHemicke said:

i don't think anything is bad because the power supply spins and the motherboard lights up and is counting some dial. and i have gone threw my motherboard but i don't really know what to change

Things can still light up and not be working properly.  You're only hope is to start troubleshooting.  Try one RAM stick at a time.  Check for post codes on your mobo.  

Gaming/Editing PC

4 minutes ago, VictorHemicke said:

found the error. my ram ain't fast enough

What RAM did you buy?

Gaming/Editing PC

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, VictorHemicke said:

specs:

3 hours ago, thebagsman said:

What RAM did you buy?

I guess the other stuff did matter.