5v 3 pin fans to 12v 4 pin

vlada06

So I built myself a new PC a week ago and I couldn't get the mobo I wanted because it wasn't in stock so I just went with the only choice available at the time the Asus TUF B450 Pro Gaming. I have 2x4 pin 12v connectors for rgb on it but I have 4 argb fans that came with my case and a controller and they use 5v 3pin connectors. So my question is would the rgb (don't care about the argb just want to be able to get a static color that I cannot get with the case presets) work if I got some kind of converter and plugged the 3 pin cable that comes out of my controller into that converter and then plugged in the 4 pin 12v into the mobo? A remote would be ok for me too but idk how to set one up since I didn't get one with these fans and case so I'm not sure if it could be done and if it would even work. What do you guys suggest get new 12v 4 pin fans that would probably cost me like 3/4 of the case did or get a 20$ converter or something? Please help

23 hours ago, narrdarr said:

that should be fine too

Thanks 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 4:51 AM, narrdarr said:

that should be fine too

I have a slightly the same problem.

So I got a converter, the deepcool.  Thing is, it only converts 1 5v3pins into 12v for the motherboard, but I have multiple ARGB components shipped already! (RGB Fan hub, RGB HSF, RGB m.2 heatsink, RGB Gpu support). 

I was thinking of buying an ARGB Hub (5v3pin hub), and I'll have the said components connected to that - then will connect the 5v3pin hub to the Deepcool Converter > to my motherboard.  

Would it work?  or I'm missing something important.

ps. the hubs and controller are connected directly to the sata PSU pins, so I'm assuming there would be no problem with the amperage etc.

1 hour ago, LuckySprmCell said:

I have a slightly the same problem.

So I got a converter, the deepcool.  Thing is, it only converts 1 5v3pins into 12v for the motherboard, but I have multiple ARGB components shipped already! (RGB Fan hub, RGB HSF, RGB m.2 heatsink, RGB Gpu support). 

I was thinking of buying an ARGB Hub (5v3pin hub), and I'll have the said components connected to that - then will connect the 5v3pin hub to the Deepcool Converter > to my motherboard.  

Would it work?  or I'm missing something important.

ps. the hubs and controller are connected directly to the sata PSU pins, so I'm assuming there would be no problem with the amperage etc.

it should work. 

4 hours ago, narrdarr said:

it should work. 

thanks bud, the wirings tho, I can already imagine

1 hour ago, LuckySprmCell said:

thanks bud, the wirings tho, I can already imagine

just try to do all your psu wiring last. it will help hide and hold all the fan and rgb cables

On 2/28/2021 at 7:48 AM, narrdarr said:

just try to do all your psu wiring last. it will help hide and hold all the fan and rgb cables

it worked mate