(Working) Tesla K40m in a 32Bit BAR Motherboard.

Poet129
Go to solution Solved by Poet129,

@ShrimpBrime

Well, I've now figured out why the nvidia driver won't start on the modded v-bios... apparently they are signed however the signatures are stored in the v-bios itself not checked against a known good list. So running the modded K40c v-bios through KeplerBiosTweaker, and changing nothing just using it to resign it makes it all work... one year later wow so simple. So all that needs done is to get a variant of the card's v-bios that will work in your motherboard then mod it to allow it to be flashed to your card via nvflash (I only had to change one byte), then resign it with KeplerBiosTweaker and finally flash it using nvflash on Linux or a normally functional board. No need to reflash every reboot now. 馃檪

On 3/23/2024 at 3:11 AM, Poet129 said:

@lkamill

Glad to hear that it works... I believe this is the third card to work, those being K40M, M40 and now the K40T. The mod itself is quite simple. The K40C V-BIOS works in a 32bit bar motherboard. So just flash that V-BIOS to use instead. However because we are forced to use a NVIDIA tool, we have to bypass / fulfill any checks that it has before flashing.

In this case nvflash checks the device id and pci id of the V-BIOS, among other things. So changing these values to the ones from the V-BIOS you gave me allowed it to be flashed. HxD actually has a really useful compare tool. The first two bytes that are different between the K40C V-BIOS and the K40TC V-BIOS mod I gave you resembles those changes.

Then signing with Kepler Bios Tweaker changes another two bytes, for a total of four changed bytes. If you don't resign, the NVIDIA driver will error, I've found most commonly code 10, could be different though.

If I understand my mistake, I should modify the original K40t bios so mb and nvidia drivers recognize the card, like K40c,聽unless I'm wrong again.馃槄

On 3/25/2024 at 1:55 PM, lkamill said:

If I understand my mistake, I should modify the original K40t bios so mb and nvidia drivers recognize the card, like K40c,聽unless I'm wrong again.馃槄

No, you mod the K40C bios to identify as the K40T to allow flashing.