Can B560 and Z590 Boards go with a 10th gen intel without BIOS tweaks?

I'm looking for a MoBo for my pc and have a i3 10100f and want to futureproof it so if I were to get a B560 or Z590 Board will I need to do things with the BIOS?

20 minutes ago, green5656z said:

I'm looking for a MoBo for my pc and have a i3 10100f and want to futureproof it so if I were to get a B560 or Z590 Board will I need to do things with the BIOS?

i dotn think z590 exists..  i think its b460 and z590, for the 10th gen it fine, for 11th gen its gonna be proably only newer than 11th gen realease, thenuseoldi3 to upgrade to new pc bios then sell old cpu and got new cpu

Can you even get them?!  i3 is as a rule generally the shortest lived gaming cpu series around.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Going for B560 or Z590 will only get you support for Intel 11th gen. By the time you are ready to put a new cpu in you may want to get something more recent than 11th gen. Although going B560 or Z590 does give you pcie4 if you put an 11th gen in. Its a tough call. If I had to chose I'd go with the cheapest available board that supports your i3-10100f and enjoy it then later when you need an upgrade get a new mobo/cpu/ram, by that time ddr5 ram will probably be the norm.

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

25 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

i dotn think z590 exists..  i think its b460 and z590, for the 10th gen it fine, for 11th gen its gonna be proably only newer than 11th gen realease, thenuseoldi3 to upgrade to new pc bios then sell old cpu and got new cpu

Z590 does exist; you can buy the boards now on Newegg.

elephants

4 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Z590 does exist; you can buy the boards now on Newegg.

Pre order or in stock?  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

elephants

3 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Which could be either. 😕    The issue I see is paying the premium for a Z series motherboard for an i3 cpu strikes me as wasteful.  It’s not that it won’t work, but many of the more useful features of the motherboard will be locked out by the i3ness.  If there is a plan to upgrade to a better newer cpu later that’s one thing, but it won’t make the current cpu last longer.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Which could be either. 😕    The issue I see is paying the premium for a Z series motherboard for an i3 cpu strikes me as wasteful.  It’s not that it won’t work, but many of the more useful features of the motherboard will be locked out by the i3ness.

I know that, I just was pointing out that Z590 was available.

Looks like there's one B560 board out:

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813157977?Description=b560&cm_re=b560-_-13-157-977-_-Product&quicklink=true
The other 4 listed are marked for 2/20/2021 release.

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

I know that, I just was pointing out that Z590 was available.

Looks like there's one B560 board out:

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813157977?Description=b560&cm_re=b560-_-13-157-977-_-Product&quicklink=true
The other 4 listed are marked for 2/20/2021 release.

Sorry.  This I figured.  It was mostly for the benefit of the OP.   The thing seems to be lga1200.  If he’s got an lga1200 cpu it could be reasonable.  

The steel legends says it supports 10th gen

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x