Audio problems while streaming.

Chikorita
Go to solution Solved by Chikorita,
11 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Normally the audio crackling/robot noise is due to too much audio processing going on. I too have a 6700 processor and they are beginning to show their age under certain circumstances

Yeah.... I think it might be finally time for me to do a upgrade, tho this CPU has been doing great in gaming for 4years now.

13 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I don't believe RTX voice is even supported by 10 series GPU. (20 series and newer should be)

It does support the 10 series however with a twist by looks of it, and its pretty shitty of NVIDIA. The problem is they actually downclock our memory by default if we use it. People has done some testing and investigating this. You can actually disable this ''default memory downclock'' for GTX cards. This is what impacts the performance of the RTX Voice Application. on the 10 Series its downclocked by 500Mhz and on 20 Series its downclocked by 200Mhz. There is no negative outcome to disable this memory downclock.

Talk about NVIDIA forcing users to buy a RTX Card to use this Software (which I understand, as this was suppose to be intended for RTX Cards only)

Hey Guys 

I got a problem with my audio while streaming using OBS on Twitch.

The problem is I sound like a Robot/Crackly, Not really sure what's going on here. Today I installed RTX Voice to remove background noise (keyboard) not sure if its RTX Voice that's doing this?

My set up is (with the RTX Voice Installed)

AT2020 > GoXLR > RTX Voice (Chat -Mic)  > OBS > Audio Track 1 Mic (RTX Voice) > Audio Track 2 (Broadcast Stream)

Buffer Settings for GoXLR is 512 Samples at 48k Hz

48k Hz across all 

CPU i7 6700k (4ghz)

GPU GTX 1080

I'm not sure if I'm chocking my CPU or GPU somehow that's making me sound like this but please listen here:

10 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Did you try turning RTX voice off and see if this still persists?

I just uninstalled RTX Voice and tested. Tho it seems to be gone but it was only a ''Recording'' and not a live stream. Now I got my keyboard sneaking in. (Mechanical keyboard)

Normally the audio crackling/robot noise is due to too much audio processing going on. I too have a 6700 processor and they are beginning to show their age under certain circumstances. I don't believe RTX voice is even supported by 10 series GPU. (20 series and newer should be)

11 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Normally the audio crackling/robot noise is due to too much audio processing going on. I too have a 6700 processor and they are beginning to show their age under certain circumstances

Yeah.... I think it might be finally time for me to do a upgrade, tho this CPU has been doing great in gaming for 4years now.

13 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I don't believe RTX voice is even supported by 10 series GPU. (20 series and newer should be)

It does support the 10 series however with a twist by looks of it, and its pretty shitty of NVIDIA. The problem is they actually downclock our memory by default if we use it. People has done some testing and investigating this. You can actually disable this ''default memory downclock'' for GTX cards. This is what impacts the performance of the RTX Voice Application. on the 10 Series its downclocked by 500Mhz and on 20 Series its downclocked by 200Mhz. There is no negative outcome to disable this memory downclock.

Talk about NVIDIA forcing users to buy a RTX Card to use this Software (which I understand, as this was suppose to be intended for RTX Cards only)

It's not about their intentions, it's about the technology it was originally devoloped to utilize. The tensor cores in the RTX series is what should be doing the heavy lifting, they weren't around before the RTX series, so now people who want the RTX VOICE with older cards have to deal with the downsides of not having the appropriate tech/hardware.