Good linux screen recorder? (Solus)

I have simplescreenrecorder, but the files it saves suddenly don't open in my vid. players, I just tried to change the record window size no idea how that did it if it did? The files also have text file icons now. I have Peelk but that doesn't record the audio,

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

obs is available on linux

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

OBS doesn't seem to want to do it & update SSR saves the files, but they say plain text in properties?

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

If you're having trouble with both OBS and SSR, then it's clearly PEBKAC. Both work perfectly fine on Linux and neither is even remotely hard to set up. You probably have the wrong codecs and settings set in SSR. OBS, idk what your deal is, but it's clearly user error 

Dekete

3 hours ago, gardotd426 said:

If you're having trouble with both OBS and SSR, then it's clearly PEBKAC. Both work perfectly fine on Linux and neither is even remotely hard to set up. You probably have the wrong codecs and settings set in SSR. OBS, idk what your deal is, but it's clearly user error 

Fixed it, but now the hotkey starts the recording, but when I press again it does;t stop it. The sound notification plays, so it is getting the button press both times?

4 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

Fixed it, but now the hotkey starts the recording, but when I press again it does;t stop it. The sound notification plays, so it is getting the button press both times?

Um, idk if that's a Solus bug or what. I just tested on Arch Linux and it works fine, both stopping and starting the recording. 

Try changing the hotkey (like change it to Super+R instead of Ctrl+R) or something and see if that has any effect. 

What version of SSR are you using? I'm guessing 0.4.3? 

15 minutes ago, gardotd426 said:

Um, idk if that's a Solus bug or what. I just tested on Arch Linux and it works fine, both stopping and starting the recording. 

Try changing the hotkey (like change it to Super+R instead of Ctrl+R) or something and see if that has any effect. 

What version of SSR are you using? I'm guessing 0.4.3? 

I was just thinking of that, the odd thing is it starts fine just didn't stop. Nope changed it same thing, I have to go back to SSR and save recording.

1 minute ago, Edward78 said:

I was just thinking of that, the odd thing is it starts fine just didn't stop. Nope changed it same thing, I have to go back to SSR and save recording.

Lol I think I see what's happening. 

You always have to click save recording. The hotkey only starts and PAUSES the recording. Look at the top of the window. You'll see the "Start Recording" button at the top. You click that, and then it will turn into "Pause Recording." You can click it again, and then click "Save Recording." The hotkey only controls "Start Recording" and "Pause Recording," and has nothing to do with "Save Recording." 

5 minutes ago, gardotd426 said:

Lol I think I see what's happening. 

You always have to click save recording. The hotkey only starts and PAUSES the recording. Look at the top of the window. You'll see the "Start Recording" button at the top. You click that, and then it will turn into "Pause Recording." You can click it again, and then click "Save Recording." The hotkey only controls "Start Recording" and "Pause Recording," and has nothing to do with "Save Recording." 

Odd, using the hotkey started & stooped the recordings before.

1 minute ago, gardotd426 said:

It DOES start and stop (or "Pause") them. It doesn't SAVE them. 

Can you set up a jotkey to save the recording?

No, you have to save it manually. The hotkey starts and pauses, but the recording isn't saved until you click Save, because you can start and pause the video multiple times before saving.