Creo Parametric with large assemblies (what to do for better preformance)

JP FERREIRA

Hi 

so I work with extremely large assemblies in Creo 7 and these assemblies contain 300 000 parts and more . I am having trouble figuring out what to do to improve my preformance when I have such assemblies open 

My CPU never goes above 10% usage (ryzen 9 3900x)

My GPU hardly goes above 10% as well (Quadro RTX 4000)

I am also working from an nvme 

I also have 64GB 3200mhz Ram 

Just general zooming in and out and rotating is nearly impossible and regenerating and saving takes extremely long and non of my hardware seems to work hard at all.

I am having trouble getting info from Creo themselves and they just keep giving me minimum requirements.

attached is a pdf of such an assembly 

000-layout.pdf

• 1 month later...

Large assemblies can be painful. You'll need simplified representations to make top level modifications.

Work in sub-assemblies and then just check the top level model once you have your concept.

Large assembly drawings are even more painful. You'll want to really figure out your simplified reps then.

I use the OPEN_SIMPLIFIED_REP_BY_DEFAULT YES option to prompt which simplified rep I want to open.

Turn off COMP_ASSEMBLE_WITH_INTERFACE NONE  You will not want to wait while the software trys to find automatic interfaces for a bolt in 1000 places.

Try to reduce model errors. Having a ton of lower level model issues makes your regen time drag. I work on the highest level models at my company. No one in the other groups realizes the time it takes when you have 100s or 1000s of failures in lower level models.

Also try this :https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/whats_new_pma/detailingLargeAssembly.html its creos rec.