Amd Mining Rig,

Hi everyone, 

Me and my friend have been looking at building a mining rig for a bit now, but we're dont exatly know how,

but my friend called me up one night after he went to a computer store and said he got a motherboard and cpu,

he bought a Ryzen 3 3100 and an ASUS ROG Strix B450-F,

im not 100% sure whether you can use all the pci lanes on it, becaue most of the mining motherboards that I've seen have used Intel motherboards and I was wondering if AMD uses something different. 

Any questions please ask, 

Cheers 

9 minutes ago, TunaBrother2-0 said:

Hi everyone, 

Me and my friend have been looking at building a mining rig for a bit now, but we're dont exatly know how,

but my friend called me up one night after he went to a computer store and said he got a motherboard and cpu,

he bought a Ryzen 3 3100 and an ASUS ROG Strix B450-F,

im not 100% sure whether you can use all the pci lanes on it, becaue most of the mining motherboards that I've seen have used Intel motherboards and I was wondering if AMD uses something different. 

Any questions please ask, 

Cheers 

What are you going to be using for a video card, and what are you trying to mine?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

20 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

What are you going to be using for a video card, and what are you trying to mine?

We’re gonna use 6 Rx580s and most likely Bitcoin 

1 minute ago, TunaBrother2-0 said:

I'm not even certain you can still mine bitcoin with anything other than a dedicated ASICS rig....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 minutes ago, TunaBrother2-0 said:

Bitcoin mining on GPU's is pointless and has been for years now. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

16 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'm not even certain you can still mine bitcoin with anything other than a dedicated ASICS rig....

Well we have done some research and according to some calculations, it’s still pretty profitable, I just need to know whether I could use 6 hours with risers on the mobo