Is my computer bottlenecking?

MrColour

When I play gta v my task manager says my cpu is around 100% but my gpu is less than 40% so does that mean its a bottleneck?

I got a i5 6500 and a rx 580

unknown.png

Try turning up your graphics settings. That should optimize the gpu cpu percentages. Also maybe get another 8gb of ram

2 minutes ago, Hyrogenes said:

Try turning up your graphics settings. That should optimize the gpu cpu percentages. Also maybe get another 8gb of ram

honestly yeah get a matching set of ram and turn up some graphics settings.

5 minutes ago, Stilmis said:

honestly yeah get a matching set of ram and turn up some graphics settings.

one question the ram I have in my system is kind of old and slow would it be better to pair it up with new fast ram instead of getting the same?

57 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

If the board will support it, yes.

how would i check if the board supports it?

1 hour ago, SGT-AMD said:

Look up the manufacturer on the internet. Usually, the motherboard has a model number painted on it.

Do you have the owners manual?

yup thanks i will take a look at it later

@MrColourWith that CPU only having four threads, its no wonder why its saying the usage is 100%. A video game alone will use up to 6 threads on average, 4 at a minimum, so that's not a ton of room to work with, especially in a CPU intensive game like GTA V. If the ram is old, you might be better off saving your money and buying a brand new PC. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

7 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

@MrColourWith that CPU only having four threads, its no wonder why its saying the usage is 100%. A video game alone will use up to 6 threads on average, 4 at a minimum, so that's not a ton of room to work with, especially in a CPU intensive game like GTA V. If the ram is old, you might be better off saving your money and buying a brand new PC. 

ye I was thinking about getting the i5 10600kf since its 250 cad rn but I'm not sure if its worth getting rn since I heard new intel cpu could be release in q1

2 hours ago, MrColour said:

ye I was thinking about getting the i5 10600kf since its 250 cad rn but I'm not sure if its worth getting rn since I heard new intel cpu could be release in q1

I mean, sure, you can wait for whatever Intel has in store. But, just understand that they come out with something new every year, so you'll have to make a move at some point. If you are going by what they might release next, you'll never be satisfied and move on. And yeah, as far as that CPU is concerned, I wouldn't go any lower than that, a 6 core 12 thread processor.  

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

12 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

I mean, sure, you can wait for whatever Intel has in store. But, just understand that they come out with something new every year, so you'll have to make a move at some point. If you are going by what they might release next, you'll never be satisfied and move on. And yeah, as far as that CPU is concerned, I wouldn't go any lower than that, a 6 core 12 thread processor.  

sounds good thanks for the advice!