Ryzen 5 5600x motherboard help

Tobinuk

I currently have i5 7600k CPU, Corsair H60 cooler, Nvidia 1660ti GPU, MSI z270 gaming plus motherboard with 32gb (4x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz CL16 RAM, Corsair CX750M PSU with 970 Evo Plus m.2 and 860 Evo both 500gb each all inside a Corsair 4000D airflow case. Corsair RGB LL120 fans x6 total and Corsair Lighting Node + LEDs.

Now my question is and also seeking advice, i was thinking of upgrading CPU and then GPU later this year. I was looking at 9900k but then watching videos and being on a budget that im on i couldnt help notice that the 5600x seemed very good for its money and performed well so i think i may take the step to AMD for the first time. Being a novice in building PCs and this being my first build im noticing the motherboard situation i need to be careful of? Is there a motherboard that i can get that will plug and play without bios flashes as i dont have older CPU to do an AMD flash for bios on older motherboards, not sure if there's ways round it but i would prefer not to and just get the right motherboard from the get go? Motherboard upgrade was always going to be done anyway so i figured this might be the time to try AMD and go for 5600x, would all my components be fine to do the swap and continue on or would there be issues with RAM for example? I have a budget of around £100-150 being in UK (England), bluetooth and wifi not essential but great if it would be included if any recommendations?

I play games like World of Warcraft, Call of Duty Cold War, Battlefield 5 and planning Cyberpunk 2077 soon. I play at 1080p 144hz refresh rate.

Also like to add side note i couldnt attach the type C from case front panel as motherboard doesnt support it from what i see so mistake on my part so would hope new motherboard would enable me to connect also.

Sorry if ive missed any information so please ask if you need more.

It seems that new systems requiring DDR5 ram will be out in a year or so. Personally, if you can get another year from your current system, I'd try to do that as it's better for the environment to upgrade less often and that DDR5 should have a significant performance bump worth considering.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

If you're planning on putting this together soon, I wouldn't get hung up on DDR5, especially if we're talking about a 5600 and a motherboard. You could do a 3700x + B450 or B550 board today for not a whole lot, and that would double your core count, quadruple your thread count. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

I am looking at do this soon really, gaming wise i thought the 5600x which the budget i have would be good option to choose? I see benchmarks on YouTube which its doing very well, i appreciate you guys trying to save money for me but i would like to meet the budget as i think after this CPU and later in year GPU upgrade would be me done for a while. I dont think my wife will like the fact of getting something that will do for now and then be replaced again next year or so 🙂 I just do gaming mainly and odd fun stream here and there, hope that came across well to you guys, just want to get it right and be happy for next 2-3 years+.