GTX 1660 Super or GTX 1080?

EraseNL

Hello,

I'm asking this for my little brother since I myself am using a RTX 3060 Ti, but he bought an Asus Phoenix GTX 1660 Super a couple of months ago and the GPU now freezes every game with Fortnite. Other games work perfectly and he tried everything to make it work, but the problem still exists. Now I told him the prices for GPU's are very high atm so perhaps he could sell his GTX 1660 super. He received an offer of 310 euro's and he can buy an owned MSI GTX 1080 for the same amount. Do you guys recommend him to sell his GPU and buy that GTX 1080 or does he need to keep his current GPU? I myself don't like that card since it only has one fan and nowerdays i'd rather prefer card with atleast 2 fans.

Thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, EraseNL said:

Hello,

I'm asking this for my little brother since I myself am using a RTX 3060 Ti, but he bought an Asus Phoenix GTX 1660 Super a couple of months ago and the GPU now freezes every game with Fortnite. Other games work perfectly and he tried everything to make it work, but the problem still exists. Now I told him the prices for GPU's are very high atm so perhaps he could sell his GTX 1660 super. He received an offer of 310 euro's and he can buy an owned MSI GTX 1080 for the same amount. Do you guys recommend him to sell his GPU and buy that GTX 1080 or does he need to keep his current GPU? I myself don't like that card since it only has one fan and nowerdays i'd rather prefer card with atleast 2 fans.

Thanks in advance!

The 1080 is a much better card compared to the 1660S, but 310 is a little bit too much. See if he can drop it down too 280 - 300

But are you certain that the freezes are caused by his GPU? A 1660 Super should be able to do very well in comp settings.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Well his hardware is good, he has an Ryzen 5 3600, 16gb of ram at 3600mhz, a gigabyte aorus b550m pro motherboard Nd a corsair cx450 psu. He reinstalled Fortnite, Formatted his SSD and installed Windows again, but the problem is still there, so the only thing left could be that crappy gpu (atleast in my opinion lol)

12 minutes ago, EraseNL said:

Well his hardware is good, he has an Ryzen 5 3600, 16gb of ram at 3600mhz, a gigabyte aorus b550m pro motherboard Nd a corsair cx450 psu. He reinstalled Fortnite, Formatted his SSD and installed Windows again, but the problem is still there, so the only thing left could be that crappy gpu (atleast in my opinion lol)

Do you have a GPU you could test? 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570