RAM Price$$ Skyrocketing..?

Hello all.

I've been wanting to build a new high end PC for some time now, but have decided to wait until summer to fully assemble (and buy a GPU), so that I don't have to try and find the correct Satanic ritual to conjure up a RTX 3080 for a non comical price at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKVQEcMS0NQ&ab_channel=TechNewsNetwork

I know this question is pretty much impossible to answer definitively, so I'm basically seeking some general advice: Are RAM prices really going to be skyrocketing for the foreseeable future aka. till summer? Should I buy now, or wait until summer?

Thanks for the help!

2 minutes ago, gal-m said:

Hello all.

I've been wanting to build a new high end PC for some time now, but have decided to wait until summer to fully assemble (and buy a GPU), so that I don't have to try and find the correct Satanic ritual to conjure up a RTX 3080 for a non comical price at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKVQEcMS0NQ&ab_channel=TechNewsNetwork

I know this question is pretty much impossible to answer definitively, so I'm basically seeking some general advice: Are RAM prices really going to be skyrocketing for the foreseeable future aka. till summer? Should I buy now, or wait until summer?

Thanks for the help!

RAM prices have already raised by around $15. For example, 
Oct 2020 - A good kit of 2x8 3200mhz would be around $54 - 65
Feb 2021 - A good kit of 2x8 3200mhz would be around 67 - 80

There have been reports of more shortages and price hikes coming. You could buy RAM now and then buy your PC parts later

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 minutes ago, Downkey said:

RAM prices have already raised

Yep @Downkey I've noticed that as well..

Here's a neat little chart showing 1 year price increases for 32GB of G.Skill's Trident Z Neo

image.png.de0aacf5fe078987264bb6692c13780d.png

You could buy some parts now if it is usable with your current build., but it seems like a bad time to upgrade now. If you don't need to it's best to hold off and wait until December 2021. Last Black Friday sales were not as good as 2019, but still had good prices for memory and NVME drives.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

4 hours ago, alyen said:

it's best to hold off and wait until December 2021

December 2021 is a no can do for me unfortunately 😞 

I think I might pull the trigger sooner rather than later. Also not sure how production of DDR5 is going to impact DDR4, especially B-die

Yeah,Even DDR6 Is a think starting to show up with amd and ryzen.