Line buildup

Hello, 

I was playing games this morning and I noticed my EK pump was making more than normal noise, so I looked over at the LC system, that I flushed about 3 months ago with distilled and filled with EKs Solid Azure Blue cryo fuel, and noticed I have quite the issue. There seems to be some sort of growth on the tubing, and in the anti-vortex filter in the pump. I don't know what it is, it is not adhering to the nickel in the blocks, and only appears to be between the acetone and block materiel as it normally would be, but all the lines are coated. Should I replace lines and clean the rads? Am I able to clean the rads? Am I able to clean the lines?

20210201_102934.jpg

20210201_102908.jpg

20210201_102903.jpg

16121936501078454302929446758797.jpg

More than likely it was an issue with the loop not being cleaned and dried from your last coolant which caused issues with your new coolant.

These coolants are very sensitive to any other contaminants.

21 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

More than likely it was an issue with the loop not being cleaned and dried from your last coolant which caused issues with your new coolant.

These coolants are very sensitive to any other contaminants.

Even if it's the same coolant?

Just the opaque coolant precipitating, nothing too unusual in my opinion, its either just the stability of the coolant itself or perhaps some reaction with the plasticizer leeching out of the tubing. Rinse and scrub, then fill again, perhaps not with opaque coolant.

8 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Just the opaque coolant precipitating, nothing too unusual in my opinion, its either just the stability of the coolant itself or perhaps some reaction with the plasticizer leeching out of the tubing. Rinse and scrub, then fill again, perhaps not with opaque coolant.

Thanks, I'll scrub the blocks and stuff down, tubing is cheap enough that I'll just replace it and save the headache. Just ordered some regular clear, hopefully this will work out better 👍

21 minutes ago, nayman898 said:

Thanks, I'll scrub the blocks and stuff down, tubing is cheap enough that I'll just replace it and save the headache. Just ordered some regular clear, hopefully this will work out better 👍

New tubing means new plasticizer to build up again lol.

15 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

New tubing means new plasticizer to build up again lol.

this is how bad the old tubing is, so cleaning this would be better than new tubing? Also, what is plasticizer? I don't remember reading about that when I did the build

Edit: all tubing and parts are EKWB, the tubing shouldn't have a plasticizer according to EKWB as of 2013. 

16121991225501552720511740104630.jpg

3 hours ago, nayman898 said:

this is how bad the old tubing is, so cleaning this would be better than new tubing? Also, what is plasticizer? I don't remember reading about that when I did the build

Edit: all tubing and parts are EKWB, the tubing shouldn't have a plasticizer according to EKWB as of 2013. 

16121991225501552720511740104630.jpg

They all basically say they don't have it, but normally do have a small amount that leeches into the water. Looking at pics I would def replace the tubing and them run something like primochill system reboot for the full 48hrs to flush the sysytem.