Screen flickering after installing new gpu

Assassin27

After finally being able to get my hands on a 6800, I installed it and all was good for a bit. after loading up warzone, my screens would flicker and then go back to normal like nothing happened. and now when i turn on my computer and log into my pc account, my screen flickers and then stops. any idea what could be the issue? I had a gtx 1060 6gb in before and it didnt have any problems. specs are below

Ryzen 7 3800x

Gigabyte b450 aorus pro wifi

msi 6800 gaming x trio

corsair hx850i psw

1st monitor: benq xl2411

2nd monitor: Benq 2480

Are you sure your GPU is correctly installed? Maybe try taking it out and installing it again. When you push it in, you should hear an audible click. If it still doesn't work, Try checking the connections on your monitors, if you're using HDMI or DisplayPort, there's a chance the connections might be loose or not plugged in fully. 

Hope this helps!

2 minutes ago, Adirman said:

Are you sure your GPU is correctly installed? Maybe try taking it out and installing it again. When you push it in, you should hear an audible click. If it still doesn't work, Try checking the connections on your monitors, if you're using HDMI or DisplayPort, there's a chance the connections might be loose or not plugged in fully. 

Hope this helps!

regarding whether if the card is connected properly, ill will take a look at that now. as for the hdmi and display port, both are connected properly. forgot to mention, i am using a display port to dvi connector since one of my monitor doesnt have dp.

If you have not yet, try using ddu to remove your old graphics drivers and then install the new ones.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

31 minutes ago, Assassin27 said:

regarding whether if the card is connected properly, ill will take a look at that now. as for the hdmi and display port, both are connected properly. forgot to mention, i am using a display port to dvi connector since one of my monitor doesnt have dp.

card was properly installed, ive come down to the driver may be the issue

removed the previous drivers from my 1060 and reinstalled amd's drivers. before installing amd's drivers it did not happen again. after installing it and restarting my computer, the flickering came back. there are 2 versions available (20.1 and 21.1) i chose 20.1 both time because i figured it would be more stable. going to try 21.1

9 minutes ago, Adirman said:

Ok, let me know how it turns out.

upgraded the driver from 20.1 to 21.1 and it is still doing it.

1 hour ago, Adirman said:

Hmm, if that's the case, I would suggest to either return and purchase a new one, or talk to  support at https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact.

Hopefully this helps!

yeah, just got back from the store and they said they will exchange. once they get one another one in stock 😞

RIP old GPU

2021-2021

You will be missed (replaced)

4 hours ago, Adirman said:

RIP old GPU

2021-2021

You will be missed (replaced)

AHAHAHA!! so turns out it was because of msi afterburner. i uninstalled it and everything is fine! (so far)

• 1 year later...

hey everybody, i would like to know if you finally solved this issue, because i've just bought a 6570xt and my screen flickers a lot, i tried to reinstal driver afetr deleting them with ddu, i use to have a 5700xt before. the issue starded when i was streaming using obs, i thought obs was the probleme but after changing the settings giving it full priority and doing all the encoding on my cpu the problem is still there and dont really know what else to do.

i have 5900xt cpu with 32g of ram (crucial ballistix) and an gigabyte rx6750 xt gaming oc 650w corsair power supply. And the flickering happens without any load.