75hz or 144hz on a gtx 1660

Sumadiana
Go to solution Solved by mr cheese,

Depends, what games are you wanting to play? If the games are less-demanding, grab a 144Hz monitor, otherwise if they're graphically demanding you'd probably save money going 75Hz. That said, 144Hz is nice, so you might just grab that anyway

So i'm looking forward to get a monitor and moving from a 60hz tv. the thing is i'm not sure to get a 75hz panel or a 144hz one, the option that i have is the aoc 24g2e5 @ 75hz ips and the aoc 24g2 @ 144hz ips; i'm also thinking to future proofing. Having a 40 inch 1080p tv right in front of you for months is not a great experience :v 

use case is mostly for gaming "most demanding games is gta and some fps games like wot, wos, wartunder" and content editing

Any recommendation for other brand is also welcome

my spec is:

ryzen 5 2600

gtx 1660 

8gb of ram

Depends, what games are you wanting to play? If the games are less-demanding, grab a 144Hz monitor, otherwise if they're graphically demanding you'd probably save money going 75Hz. That said, 144Hz is nice, so you might just grab that anyway

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

I was going to recommend the monitor I have, pixio px275h, 95 hz 1440p great for mid range GPUS like my 2060 or your 1660, a good compromise of framerate and resolution, but its only available refurbished now. I personally wound not upgrade from a 60 hz to 75 hz unless I was also getting a resolution bump.

144Hz

Use it when you can...use the panel at 60 or sub144Hz for the meantime, Monitors usually get carried forward through multiple builds.

IE You dont have to use it straight away... but always have the option available.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I found it certified refurbished by the company, not some dude selling it on ebay as "refurbished", like I said its a great compromise between resolution and framerate for mid range gpus. Enough frames for mildly competitive play, and enough pixels for some nice eye candy. it also has HDR and freesync but I don't use those features.

https://pixiogaming.com/products/px275h-certified-refurbished?variant=34399348818052&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2021-01-15&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=CjwKCAiApNSABhAlEiwANuR9YC54A1SrX-1ygDTdqCnufMn_2ymxeFB01PE9vIUDMnDwlnAS2fDcehoC8G8QAvD_BwE

1 hour ago, Pc6777 said:

I found it certified refurbished by the company, not some dude selling it on ebay as "refurbished", like I said its a great compromise between resolution and framerate for mid range gpus. Enough frames for mildly competitive play, and enough pixels for some nice eye candy. it also has HDR and freesync but I don't use those features.

https://pixiogaming.com/products/px275h-certified-refurbished?variant=34399348818052&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2021-01-15&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=CjwKCAiApNSABhAlEiwANuR9YC54A1SrX-1ygDTdqCnufMn_2ymxeFB01PE9vIUDMnDwlnAS2fDcehoC8G8QAvD_BwE

thank i'll think about it