Overclocking gtx 1650

Timofn

Hi i was wondering since the 1650’s power consumption is 75watts could i overclock it even thought the max power a pci slot can deliver is 75watts

I would not overclock a GPU that runs from PCIE power 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I would not overclock a GPU that runs from PCIE power 

Okay that was also my biggest concern

thanks for the advise

1 minute ago, Timofn said:

thanks for the advise

Well I'm not sure but it sounds like a bad idea

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Well I'm not sure but it sounds like a bad idea

Yeah cuz then it will use more than 75watts and a pci slot is rated at max 75watts

IT WONT USE MORE THAN 75WATTS - IT CANT GO BEYOND SET LIMITS and will Manage itself due to Nvidia's Power Target
Anyway.....I used an Undervolt & OC (SFF PC)

With my SFF PC, I have to manage the Thermal Target as WELL as the PWR Target.
Hence I found all this out my testing many combinations..

I went with Matched Clocks,...Lower PWR/Temps

My GTX1650 (GDDR6 with Lower Baseclock than GTX1650 GDDR5) now uses 60watts and is clocked at 1770-1950Mhz at 0.956v (High - Low Loads)

1.037-1.05V stock out of the box at Load with lower clocks (1770-1920Mhz), more voltage used and heat output, with less performance (out of the box situation vs my UV/OC)

Don't bother with a 400-800Mhz+ RAM OC is adding WAY more heat on these (GDDR5 Might be different in heat output though) & it might only give 1-2FPS, while adding more to the Core has much greater gains with adding clockspeed to the core.

You can likely reduce PWR to 80-85% (Less than 70watts) and then add Mhz to the Core (until unstable in games, back off and retest)
Or leave it at 100% PWR and OC if temps are not big deal,..it wont use more than 75 watts anyway, it's got adaptive voltage with Nvidia's Frequency/Temp Curves.. it'll manage itself.
I managed +165Mhz, THEN... the Power Target and Temp targets kick in (I'm on a Dell Optiplex MINI SFF with my GTX1650) so the reduced Power to 85% stops it reaching Thermal throttling at 83*c and sits at 75-77*c, then I OC the core +100 to start, then 150Mhz, I found my Max at Lower PWR to be +180Mhz, to be SURE stable, I kept it TWO BINS lower at 150Mhz (Nvidia upclocks in 15Mhz steps)

Spend enough time with the metrics and it's becomes clear how to set it up over some time...with testing.

Raising the bar until unstable, backing off, and enjoying the results.
With the 100% PWR Target (not my 85%) it's likely you can manage a solid increase.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

If you want some advice and a hand doing so... Send me a PM
It's not that long a process...

1 hour ago, Timofn said:

Hi i was wondering since the 1650’s power consumption is 75watts could i overclock it even thought the max power a pci slot can deliver is 75watts

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

41 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

If you want some advice and a hand doing so... Send me a PM
It's not that long a process...

Im now trying the auto overclock in msi afterburner. Im not sure if its any good but i wanted to give it a shot

10 minutes ago, Timofn said:

Im now trying the auto overclock in msi afterburner. Im not sure if its any good but i wanted to give it a shot

That's usually enough... I only had to undervolt voltage due to my SFF case and airflow / temps.

4 hours ago, Timofn said:

thanks for the advise

Its not really a good idea but I overclocked my gtx 1050 with no pcie power and it was just fine. I gave it to my friend a while ago and he's still using it with the overclock just fine. If you do decide to overclock it it will probably be fine. To overclock I ran the heaven benchmark and increased speed slowly until it wasn't stable anymore.

8 minutes ago, ishapli8 said:

Its not really a good idea but I overclocked my gtx 1050 with no pcie power and it was just fine. I gave it to my friend a while ago and he's still using it with the overclock just fine. If you do decide to overclock it it will probably be fine. To overclock I ran the heaven benchmark and increased speed slowly until it wasn't stable anymore.

Ok i guess ill try it. Thanks for the info