Computer wont boot up

madknight3
Go to solution Solved by helping,

Yes. Tried it without the GPU in there and no change.

Only option is to try and take it to a shop and have them test the motherboard if you can't verify the rest of the components individually. 

They shouldn't charge you. 

Yesterday my computer (specs in signature) was freezing a lot. Had to force reboot it. I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I powered it down and went to bed. Today I try to turn the thing on and it's not happening. It seems like it's getting power (fans turn on, sounds like normal), but it's not even getting to the bios splash screen before it reboots itself (infinite reboot loop). I don't hear any beeps from it.

Is my motherboard dead? Or could it be something else? I should note that this computer has been working for a long time without issue. This is very sudden.

Yesterday when it was freezing I ran both an AVG and Malwarebytes scan which didn't find any issues.

I had the same issue, it probably has something to do with not recognizing your drives properly OR something else is not connected to your motherboard.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

I had the same issue, it probably has something to do with not recognizing your drives properly OR something else is not connected to your motherboard.

I should note that this computer has been working for a long time without issue. This is very sudden.

what about a malware.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

what about a malware.

Yesterday when it was freezing I ran both an AVG and Malwarebytes scan which didn't find any issues.

I should note that this computer has been working for a long time without issue. This is very sudden.

Clear CMOS and unplug hard drives, CD drives, and all non essential USB devices. Try to boot into BIOS. 

Error: 410

Clear CMOS and unplug hard drives, CD drives, and all non essential USB devices. Try to boot into BIOS. 

Just tried that and it didn't work.

is there a power led?

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

is there a power led?

There are 4 LEDs at the top of the motherboard that light up until it powers off to reboot itself.

Just tried that and it didn't work.

unplug all drives, all CD, all USB thingies except for keyboard.

Remove one RAM stick, clear CMOS, try to boot. 

If it doesn't boot

Replace the removed stick, and take out the previous stick, clear CMOS, and try again. 

does this PC have a discrete GPU?

Had any thunderstorms lately, and do you have surge protectors(including on your broadband line)?

Additionally if your using a discrete gpu and you have a cpu with integrated graphics try using the graphics output on the motherboard, to rule out its not the graphics card causing issues.

unplug all drives, all CD, all USB thingies except for keyboard.

Remove one RAM stick, clear CMOS, try to boot. 

If it doesn't boot

Replace the removed stick, and take out the previous stick, clear CMOS, and try again. 

does this PC have a discrete GPU?

That didn't work. Yes I have a GTX 770. 

Had any thunderstorms lately, and do you have surge protectors(including on your broadband line)?

No thunderstorms. I do have surge protected power bar.

That didn't work. Yes I have a GTX 770. 

No thunderstorms. I do have surge protected power bar.

So you've tested each ram stick individually clearing CMOS between each try, right?

You'll have to test the GPU after that or try onboard.

If the GPU and RAM, and storage is fine it's most likely an issue with the motherboard.

Doesn't seem to be a PSU issue because it looks like you're stuck at POST, and I doubt your CPU broke.

So you've tested each ram stick individually clearing CMOS between each try, right?

You'll have to test the GPU after that or try onboard.

If the GPU and RAM, and storage is fine it's most likely an issue with the motherboard.

Doesn't seem to be a PSU issue because it looks like you're stuck at POST, and I doubt your CPU broke.

Only option is to try and take it to a shop and have them test the motherboard if you can't verify the rest of the components individually. 

K. Appreciate your help.

good luck body

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Thanks, it's in a shop now and will get this taken care of. They aren't charging me to look at it which is good. Should hear back from them tonight or tomorrow and then will make decisions from there.

If anyone wants to help me out further, you can recommend a replacement motherboard in my new thread. Thanks again everyone.