Cooling Help

Annotation

I have kraken z63 and then at idle its 80-90 Fahrenheit. Is it normal? and if its not normal i notifced the aio is alf filled with water so that may be the reason why.

Just now, Jeffdablopalt said:

i notifced the aio is alf filled with water

what?

hi

11 minutes ago, germgoatz said:

what?

I think he meant "i noticed that the aio is half filled with water"

38C idle, normal and fine. But its the load temps you want to look at. Also, how do you know its only half filled?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, Jeffdablopalt said:

I have kraken z63 and then at idle its 80-90 Fahrenheit. Is it normal? and if its not normal i notifced the aio is alf filled with water so that may be the reason why.

Same as other posters above. Also, what CPU is it?  If those are really idle temps, then I would guess that you didn’t put on any thermal paste or you didn’t peel off the plastic on the block. Or you didn’t plug in the pump power. Or, it’s defective. 

On 1/29/2021 at 10:46 AM, LogicalDrm said:

38C idle, normal and fine. But its the load temps you want to look at. Also, how do you know its only half filled?

when i was shaking it it seemed half full

On 1/29/2021 at 12:54 PM, 1982 Original said:

Same as other posters above. Also, what CPU is it?  If those are really idle temps, then I would guess that you didn’t put on any thermal paste or you didn’t peel off the plastic on the block. Or you didn’t plug in the pump power. Or, it’s defective. 

Its a ryzen 5 3600 i put thermal paste on and took off the plastic. I think its a pump power i put it in cpu fan but maybe it is cpu opt

17 minutes ago, Jeffdablopalt said:

when i was shaking it it seemed half full

That could cause issues long term since pumps don't like air. If you are certain, I would advice you contact manufacturers support and ask their opinion. Better to RMA it now than later.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LogicalDrm said:

That could cause issues long term since pumps don't like air. If you are certain, I would advice you contact manufacturers support and ask their opinion. Better to RMA it now than later.

is it supposed to be half full or full?

3 minutes ago, Jeffdablopalt said:

is it supposed to be half full or full?

Idk about AIOs, but I would expect it to supposed to be 90% or more full. So that regardless of rad placement air bubbles won't end in pump.

Though after watching just some of this:

The air might still end in pump. But you can see from the moment they install plexiglass piece that rad is almost filled with liquid.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, Jeffdablopalt said:

is there a way to refill the pumps?

In AIO? No. The point is that its service free. Its sealed so there's no noticeable evaporation happening, no possibilities for foreign matter to enter and so on. If you open it, you lose warranty. So only way to fix it is to RMA since its factory fault.

There are some models which are made expandability in mind. Like Hydro-X series from Corsair.

I hadn't watched that Gamers Nexus video since I don't use AIOs, and usually don't help on those threads. But now I'm watching it for curiosity. At timestamp 8:25 he talks about what manufacturers say is the liquid-air ratio target. Which is what I guessed earlier, 90% liquid or more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

so when i play minecraft at 240 fps i get around 150F - 170F is that normal? if its not should i get a different cooler like noctua?

1 hour ago, Jeffdablopalt said:

so when i play minecraft at 240 fps i get around 150F - 170F is that normal? if its not should i get a different cooler like noctua?

haha. I just saw you’re using Fahrenheit.  Jeez. Yes, 80F to 90F is normal idle temp. PC people measure in Celsius. 80-90C idles is way too hot. But, 80 to 90F idle is perfectly normal.  Mystery solved. Your cooler is fine. 

On 2/2/2021 at 1:47 AM, Jeffdablopalt said:

do i put the pin in cpu opt or cpu fan?

What pin?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

What pin?

the 3 pin header for power

15 minutes ago, Jeffdablopalt said:

the 3 pin header for power

15 minutes ago, Jeffdablopalt said:

im not sure where to put it

Its not for power, its for telling mobo how fast pump is spinning. Or rather that its powered and working. You need to put something to CPU_FAN, but it doesn't need to be pump tach.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv