Tips and rec for a workhorse IT dude Desktop

Potatocus

Budget (including currency): 100 Dlls to 200 Dlls

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly Programing, virtualizing linux dev servers and some 3d gaming

Other details 

Hi as a background I already have a Dell Inspiron 7567 a modest gaming laptop (i7, ssd, 16 ram, 1050 ti) that Dell changed me instead of a ultraslim businessman laptop that failed to me in a start i wanted that laptop to visit clients  but thats precovid and zoom /google meets old history (2017), Now in 2021 I falled in love with the bulky 7567 laptop because is fast for my development task, i can virtualize a pair of servers at same time, and have a lot of stuff opened while i working, (podcasts/music/cameras dvr) also downside when i gone with clients in a precovid basis it was shoulder sore bulky , BUUUUT now the battery started to fail and i understand that i destroyed the battery using the laptop as a desktop on this new covid reality of ass on chair all the time during 2020-2021, so i think if i bought somo junk using facebooik marketplace to find some key parts: a mother board, ram, power station, procesor and a graphics card, and mount them on  a case that i love is like a old 2000´s ATX easy to swap like a old school server it has a core 2 duo old procesor+motherboard that i used some years ago as a dev server, and i can upgrade that and made it my main desktop.... Im opened (and i thank in advance) to suggestions about the parts i need to feel my experience similar to the 7567 or even improved with some junk from facebook marketplace (where i live theres no craiglist or similar), im more oriented to dev so i dont have a great mind database of hardware (but i love the part that one can overhaul old stuff)

9 minutes ago, Potatocus said:

You can probably find first gen Ryzen 8 core CPUs fairly cheap

would get an RX 470-590 8GB or like a 1070 for the GPU at minimum

might be hard to find stuff in general though.

Going to want decent memory as well, like 3200mhz CL16

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

If you're looking to upgrade your current system you could probably pick up a core 2 quad, assuming it is compatible with your current system since some LGA775 aren't compatible with some LGA775 motherboards, then get a graphics card, like a GTX 750ti, GT 1030, GTX 1050, depending on availability and price, or get a PSU and a GTX 760/770, GTX 960 or so.

If you're looking to build from scratch you could pick up an older office PC like a HP or Dell with a 2nd/3rd gen i5/i7 and a GPU like a 750ti, GT 1030 for around 500$ and it should be pretty close to your current laptop.

11 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You can probably find first gen Ryzen 8 core CPUs fairly cheap

would get an RX 470-590 8GB or like a 1070 for the GPU at minimum

might be hard to find stuff in general though.

Going to want decent memory as well, like 3200mhz CL16

his budget is like 200$, the cpu alone would cost like 100$.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:23 PM, AndreiArgeanu said:

his budget is like 200$, the cpu alone would cost like 100$.

(for the new helpers sorry my shitty english)

Hi i found a core 2 quad G8400 very cheap at 20 USD but i noticed i have only 4GB of RAM  at 800mhz on 4 slots occupied by 1GB cards on a DG945SS motherboard, i will need some memory and found that i can buy 2GB cards but of 667mhz with a maximun of 8GB on my motherboard, my mind is mixed ...i need some advice, it would be better to find a kit MB+RAM to pass my desktop to a newer gen that allows me to use more memory ? ie. an i5 of 4th gen, or also i can use a PC that i have as a media center it has an A10-5800k with ddr3 that i can upscale to 16GB, but i will need to replace that media center with another, its hooked on a full hd 42 inch screen, so what do you recommend ? i can use my actual core 2 duo with another video card (actually it has a radeon HD 4650) to replace the a10 and use the a10 as workstation and some random games (adding a discrete card  a GT 1030)? [remember i want to have my destop experiencie similar to my laptop 7567 (i7 7700 hq, 1050 ti, 16 ram) im using it as workstation for dev but also to some casual gaming (im an old dude) ]