BF4 vs Bf3

hiyayhi

So BF4 has been out for like 6 months now and I decided to go in and play BF3 to just double check the differences. What I discovered  was quite interesting.

It turns out I'm a huge amount better at BF3 than I am at BF4 and I surprised myself when I went 16 for 4 in BF3 just now after not playing for 6 months. In BF4 I usually have a 1.5 - 1 K/D so a big change....

The net codeis soooooooooo much better in BF3 than BF4, this was already known but it is seriously noticeable when you actually go back and play the game. I was actually having fun in BF3 rather than in BF4 where I send most of my time raging at bugs and swearing at BS deaths. (walked into a rock, KIA... BF4 in a nutshell.)

I wish that BF4 was as good as BF3 but it just isn't imho, I would seriously suggest playing BF3 again if you haven't already. BF4 is a great game and all but BF3 is leagues ahead in terms of fun factor.

What do you guys think, now that I have had my little rant about the state of things I would love to see your guys' opinions.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I do agree that BF4 feels like one step in the right direction but two steps back because of all the bugs the game has that it shouldn't have for a AAA. The game was a lot simpler without Levolution and I'd rather that the BF4 has the same destructible terrain they had 2 GAMES AGO (BF BC2, amazing game). BF3 and BF4 are both steps forward and back in the Battlefield Franchise. BF4 has the most potential with all the awesome vehicles and maps, but bugs and netcode issues make the game unplayable and boring.

- Samo

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

SO I'm not the only one who feel that BF3 is better. What I love from bf4 is the guns and nothing else. Also I mostly rage quit after that ridiculous deaths, one time I got killed by someone inside a tank far away I can't even see him, bullshit.

SO I'm not the only one who feel that BF3 is better. What I love from bf4 is the guns and nothing else. Also I mostly rage quit after that ridiculous deaths, one time I got killed by someone inside a tank far away I can't even see him, bullshit.

There's no way you were the only one :P The guns are a lot nicer in BF4 and I've found Jets are attacking more than just the air crafts too, I got one-shotted by a jet while in an attack boat. Logic.

- Samo

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

That you are better at BF3 isn't that weird honestly, I think all the "fans" of the series have moved on to BF4 by now and what you're left with are the people who bought a Humble Bundle back in the day and don't want to pay $30+ for BF4.

But it's so sad, back when I was active for a while on the BF3 forum (I do not recommend) loads of people went back to Bad Company 2 because "BF3 is awful."

And now BF3 feels way better to play than BF4... 

THE signature

I played a couple of rounds a couple of weeks ago, and really enjoyed bf3, with its crisp(ish) hit detection, but there are a few things that were changed for the better - just little things but they are noticeable like suppression and the leaning mechanic. If BF4 had BF3 hit detection and stability, it would be so much better

HTTP/2 203

yeh bf3 is more fun especially because i love sniping and i hate the way sniping works in bf4

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I don't like bf3 that much.  I'm much better at bf4 than I was at bf3. 

(inb4 someone yells at me :c)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

same here, way better at bf3 than bf4.

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

That you are better at BF3 isn't that weird honestly, I think all the "fans" of the series have moved on to BF4 by now and what you're left with are the people who bought a Humble Bundle back in the day and don't want to pay $30+ for BF4.

But it's so sad, back when I was active for a while on the BF3 forum (I do not recommend) loads of people went back to Bad Company 2 because "BF3 is awful."

And now BF3 feels way better to play than BF4... 

I would agree with you on that last section, it is truly the masterpiece of EA.

On the first bit though you are correct to a point but in Australia it is about half humble bundlers and half level 100's.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.