SSD TO BOOT MANAGER

JernJoergensen

Hey guys. 

I have installed a new M.2 NVME SSD, and located it on the disc manager. 

Now i need help to make it my main boot manager as the SSD i boot my pc into is from my friends pc with OS / Windows already downloaded.

What do i do to make it my main BOOT MANAGER so the pc doesnt need the other SSD to boot past the "reboot and select proper boot device" screen.

I would reinstall windows instead rather than clone

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

I would reinstall windows instead rather than clone

I tried installing windows on the new SSD, but that didnt make it the main boot manager

Just now, JernJoergensen said:

I tried installing windows on the new SSD, but that didnt make it the main boot manager

Ohh like that yeah just go into BIOS and change boot order

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Welcome to the forum Iron Johnson. You can delete any old windows partitions in the windows installer 🙂

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Only have one drive connected when installing Windows. Windows may install bootloader onto another drive if you have multiple drives connected.