3060ti vs 3070

Rlmva

I'm looking at getting a 3060ti or a 3070, and I'm not sure what one I should get. can anyone make any suggestions?

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Usecase? If gaming what games and resolution/refreshrate.

gaming, probably 1080p high refresh rate once I get my new monitor

2 minutes ago, Rlmva said:

gaming, probably 1080p high refresh rate once I get my new monitor

Either are totally overkill for 1080 so the cheapest.

49 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Either are totally overkill for 1080 so the cheapest.

I wouldn't say that they are both overkill for 1080p high refresh - it really depends on the games that you play. For CSGO, yes, but Cyberpunk 2077 and RDR2? No way. 
The 3070 is roughly equivalent to the 2080Ti and the 3060Ti is roughly equivalent to the 2080 Super. Look up some benchmarks for these cards to give you some idea of how they perform at 1080p.
It also depends on the price - there isn't a huge difference between the two cards so you may want to consider the 3060Ti if it is cheaper.

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

11 hours ago, Bobbysixjp said:

I wouldn't say that they are both overkill for 1080p high refresh - it really depends on the games that you play. For CSGO, yes, but Cyberpunk 2077 and RDR2? No way. 
The 3070 is roughly equivalent to the 2080Ti and the 3060Ti is roughly equivalent to the 2080 Super. Look up some benchmarks for these cards to give you some idea of how they perform at 1080p.
It also depends on the price - there isn't a huge difference between the two cards so you may want to consider the 3060Ti if it is cheaper.

Yeah ones you turn the games on high instead of ridiculous ultra settings that don't really change anything those games run at high fps no issues. Ultra settings have always been extra extra fluff that does little to nothing. Also cyberpunk is an unoptimized unfinished mess of a game rn so I wouldn't take that as a example.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 7:16 PM, Bobbysixjp said:

Thanks, I ended up going for the 3070 because I had a birthday coupon from best buy that let me get the 3070 Founders Edition for $450. I probably could have settled for the 3060ti but I didn't really want to pass up on a deal like that.