Looking for a phone (Android - 500/800€ FRANCE)

Kirya

Dear all,

Thank you again for coming to help me make the right decision !

I've been rocking a OnePlus 6 for almost 3 years now (may 2018) and i'm looking to upgrade.

My usage :

- social medias

- watching video at bed

- streaming twitch / youtube on my tv

- bluetooth connexion on my helmet --> music / gps

- photo

What i'm more interested in :

- good batterie or a good compromise with fast charging

- good screen

Budget : 500€ to 800€

If no headphone jack, I would need to buy great ear pods as i'm using my phone a lot for phone call and music at work through my earphones. So Phone + ear pods = 800€ ! I'm all ears !

I'm also not in a hurry at all, when are the future phone for the main brands expected ?

Looking forward for your answers !

The xiaomi mi 9t is end of production and goes on sale often for around 250€ excellent phone more than enough performance for what you do and a large battery + headphone jack.

Before I recommend others got any size requirements? Like max height, width,...

The Galaxy S20 FE might be a nice balance, at least if you don't mind 6GB of RAM (the 256GB version and some 128GB models come with 8GB of RAM, I believe). It's still fast, lasts a good while on battery, boasts a great display and takes solid photos.

It starts at 689€ with 5G, at least on Samsung's website. There's no headphone jack, but you'll have enough money left for headphones and/or an adapter. I'm not expecting an S21 FE for several months at this point.

After this, the next big phone on my radar is the OnePlus 9, but it's uncertain if OnePlus will offer comparable camera quality. It might show up around March or so.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The xiaomi mi 9t is end of production and goes on sale often for around 250€ excellent phone more than enough performance for what you do and a large battery + headphone jack.

Before I recommend others got any size requirements? Like max height, width,...

Thank you. I've been actually considering XIAOMI ! I really don't like the look of the 11 that should come to europe eventually sadly. I'll check the 9T, i've seen a lot of ads everywhere, what you are saying makes sense.

For size, I think up to 6.5" wouldn't change much compare to Oneplus 6 ! I have big hands so that's not really an issue.

4 minutes ago, Commodus said:

The Galaxy S20 FE might be a nice balance, at least if you don't mind 6GB of RAM (the 256GB version and some 128GB models come with 8GB of RAM, I believe). It's still fast, lasts a good while on battery, boasts a great display and takes solid photos.

It starts at 689€ with 5G, at least on Samsung's website. There's no headphone jack, but you'll have enough money left for headphones and/or an adapter. I'm not expecting an S21 FE for several months at this point.

After this, the next big phone on my radar is the OnePlus 9, but it's uncertain if OnePlus will offer comparable camera quality. It might show up around March or so.

I've found the S20FE 6go version at 600€ and 8gb around 650€. I don't care about 5G as in France it will take a couple of years to come here !

Going for O+6 to O+9 would be nice :D.

Thank you for your recommendation.

Just now, Kirya said:

Thank you. I've been actually considering XIAOMI ! I really don't like the look of the 11 that should come to europe eventually sadly. I'll check the 9T, i've seen a lot of ads everywhere, what you are saying makes sense.

For size, I think up to 6.5" wouldn't change much compare to Oneplus 6 ! I have big hands so that's not really an issue.

Their note 9 is also a good option and has a headphone jack too.

The 9t has multiple forms and the normal 9t is the sweet spot as it has performance that is good with it's midrange processor but since it uses a midrange soc it saves a lot of power couple that with a big battery and oled screen and boom many days of battery with medium to light use or at least one full day with high intensity use. If you want a faster soc for some reason the pro exists.

I have one and I get on average 2-5 days of battery. Golden tip tho. Get a regular slow charger that is 5v 1a. This saves the battery a ton and makes it keep it's max capacity far longer and wears it out really slowly compared to fastcharging.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Their note 9 is also a good option and has a headphone jack too.

The 9t has multiple forms and the normal 9t is the sweet spot as it has performance that is good with it's midrange processor but since it uses a midrange soc it saves a lot of power couple that with a big battery and oled screen and boom many days of battery with medium to light use or at least one full day with high intensity use. If you want a faster soc for some reason the pro exists.

I have one and I get on average 2-5 days of battery. Golden tip tho. Get a regular slow charger that is 5v 1a. This saves the battery a ton and makes it keep it's max capacity far longer and wears it out really slowly compared to fastcharging.

Interesting. I've heard that battery tip a couple of times. I actually charge my phone at work on USB through my PC deck and rest of the time on my fast charging at home on morning about 10/20minutes but I don't really care if the battery is big.

Is there no reason to go for mi 10 ? this seems to go in my range of money !

The NUMBER of form is insane and i'm totaly lost, note 10, 10, 10 pro, note 10 lite, 10 lite,  10T, 10 Pro 5g, 10 T lite 5g ...

2 minutes ago, Kirya said:

Interesting. I've heard that battery tip a couple of times. I actually charge my phone at work on USB through my PC deck and rest of the time on my fast charging at home on morning about 10/20minutes but I don't really care if the battery is big.

Is there no reason to go for mi 10 ? this seems to go in my range of money !

The NUMBER of form is insane and i'm totaly lost, note 10, 10, 10 pro, note 10 lite, 10 lite,  10T, 10 Pro 5g, 10 T lite 5g ...

Yeah I know they have 5 phones for every market basically :p. MI 10 doesn't have headphone jack and has a hole in the screen for the camera. Otherwise it's good.

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah I know they have 5 phones for every market basically :p. MI 10 doesn't have headphone jack and has a hole in the screen for the camera. Otherwise it's good.

So i'm guessing i should look at the T and PRO version ?

Just now, Kirya said:

So i'm guessing i should look at the T and PRO version ?

Yeah. T is normally the ones with the midrange chipset and better battery life because of it and the pro has a faster chipset and worse battery life because of it.