Case Suggestions Please?

bthy5

Hi all,

I recently purchase a RTX 3080 Gigabyte Aurous Master card, I currently have a DarkFlash dlm21 case and I'm quite worried about this Behemoth of a card fitting in this case(As the microatx motherboard i have places the gpu one slot lower the the top slot.). Does anyone have any recommendations for a case that supports Vertical mounting for a 4 card slot as I'm also quite worried about GPU sag for this card due to its weight.

Im looking at the Phanteks Eclipse P600S as it looks like the card might fit as it has a 3 slot verticle mount, and the card takes up roughly 3.75 slots.

Amazon.com: Phanteks Eclipse P600S (PH-EC600PSTG_AG01) Hybrid Silent and Performance ATX Chassis -Tempered Glass, Fabric Filter, Dual System Support, PWM hub, Sound dampening Panels, Anthracite Grey Gray: Computers & Accessories

Just get any decent airflow ATX case. As for the Vertical mounting, your best option would be to get a Cable Mod vertical adapter as long as you don't need any of the other PCIe slots since they will all be blocked by the GPU. 

https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-vertical-pci-e-bracket-2-x-displayport-black/

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

11 minutes ago, bthy5 said:

Hi all,

I recently purchase a RTX 3080 Gigabyte Aurous Master card, I currently have a DarkFlash dlm21 case and I'm quite worried about this Behemoth of a card fitting in this case(As the microatx motherboard i have places the gpu one slot lower the the top slot.). Does anyone have any recommendations for a case that supports Vertical mounting for a 4 card slot as I'm also quite worried about GPU sag for this card due to its weight.

Im looking at the Phanteks Eclipse P600S as it looks like the card might fit as it has a 3 slot verticle mount, and the card takes up roughly 3.75 slots.

Amazon.com: Phanteks Eclipse P600S (PH-EC600PSTG_AG01) Hybrid Silent and Performance ATX Chassis -Tempered Glass, Fabric Filter, Dual System Support, PWM hub, Sound dampening Panels, Anthracite Grey Gray: Computers & Accessories

I'd get a phanteks p400a/500a/360a digital, a cooler master TD500 mesh, or a lian li lancool 2/ 215 mesh. As from the vert. mount, Just go with @Skiiwee29's suggestion, as it should provide more space between the fans of the gpu and the side panel of the case, so the gpu can better cool itself. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Thanks for the suggestions! ill likely go with one of the phanteks and get a mount when they become available again!

23 minutes ago, bthy5 said:

After second thought ive been thinking about going Mini ITX, does anyone happen to know any mini itx cases that would support my GPU?@Brok3n But who cares? @Skiiwee29

There.... might be, but they'd be quite a tight fit. even if so. I can't really help you here by recommending a case, but I can say that building in a itx case is quite difficult and a small form factor could possibly seriously affect thermals of components provided that the case has the wrong cooling setup. The Master is a 4 slot card and is quite long, I'm not sure if it'd be possible to fit it into a true itx case. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

9 hours ago, bthy5 said:

After second thought ive been thinking about going Mini ITX, does anyone happen to know any mini itx cases that would support my GPU?@Brok3n But who cares? @Skiiwee29

I wouldn't go with an ITX build for such a card. Not only do ITX cases rarely have adequate ventilation for airflow, that card will require a serious power supply, which are hard to come by in an SFX form factor and usually come at a big premium. Just get a normal mid tower ATX case that has decent airflow instead. Lastly, to my knowledge there are no vertical mounts that natively support a 4-slot graphics card. Doing some modding will most likely be required. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I'm personally running an ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC in a Corsair 275r Airflow. 3x120mm intake, 2x120mm top exhaust, 1x120mm rear exhaust.

Even during sustained gaming sessions at max GPU load,, GPU temps don't go above 65-66c.

tTurTGg.jpg

This case also supports vertical mounting.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x