Hackintosh Worth it?

I have a windows desktop for gaming and a Linux desktop for everyday use.  I just got an iPhone and have a spare thinkpad t440p I’m thinking of turning into a hackintosh maybe to put iMessage on and leave my phone out of the home theater room so I’m not distracted. Maybe remove the battery so i need to walk across the room to interact with it. But it seems almost more complicated than the last time I installed arch. Curious is it worth it just to play around?

Imessage normally doesn't work on a hackintosh. You can't remove the battery from an iphone you know that right?

Hackintosh can be a fun project but also a pain in the ass. That and it's becoming harder and harder to do due to apple going full made by apple.

Hackintosh can be a cool project, but iMessage typically doesn't work. Also, it can be hard to get working on Laptops. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

I wouldn't go through all the hassle just for iMessage. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

15 hours ago, ProjectBox153 said:

I wouldn't go through all the hassle just for iMessage. 

Just a fun project to put a laptop to use I

15 hours ago, jaslion said:

Imessage normally doesn't work on a hackintosh. You can't remove the battery from an iphone you know that right?

Hackintosh can be a fun project but also a pain in the ass. That and it's becoming harder and harder to do due to apple going full made by apple.

I'm not talking about removing the battery on my phone. I'm thinking of removing the battery from the laptop and using the laptop to respond to occasional texts while watching movies without the whole 30 minute detour thing that happens with my phone ending up in me watching very few movies

3 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

I'm not talking about removing the battery on my phone. I'm thinking of removing the battery from the laptop and using the laptop to respond to occasional texts while watching movies without the whole 30 minute detour thing that happens with my phone ending up in me watching very few movies

Or you know. Mute the phone and put it away. You are basically a doing the a solution looking for a problem thing :p.

Just now, jaslion said:

Or you know. Mute the phone and put it away. You are basically a doing the a solution looking for a problem thing :p.

Fair enough. Maybe I'll get another wireless charger for the room and set it there everytime I watch a movie

Yeah diskutility refuses to freaking format my drive, following a guide that doesn't seem to work on my linux box and is straight up missing files it claims to have. So I either need a very old version of osx or a more up to date guide. It's probably easier when you know what you're doing but, just to get the installer to properly format my drive is alot of work. Maybe I'll try a linux live cd to do the partitioning but, if it can't partition I'm doubting it will let me copy the needed files either. So incredibly frustrated at this point over a laptop I don't even really use. I should just sell it put the money aside.