Is the 1660 Ti good

SquiddyButler
Go to solution Solved by Middcore,
3 hours ago, SquiddyButler said:

I just bought the 1660 Ti because it was in stock, I was originally going to buy the 3080 but I'd rather not wait a year until those are in stock. Is the one that I just bought good? Does it have decent frames and would I be able to record and play with little lag. 

Benchmarks of the 1660 ti that will show you what kind of performance it's capable of, in both graph and gameplay video form, are readily available. 

If you are a person who doesn't know what refresh rate your monitor is, especially when that information is in the title of the item listing for said monitor, I think you'll be perfectly happy with a 1660 ti and should stop worrying and second-guessing so much. 

21 minutes ago, PhoenixFire22588 said:

Core i5-9600k

1660 SUPER 

16gb ddr4

Ohhh nice. I’m thinking of a rig with a 9700k an a 1660ti aswell,

46 minutes ago, WhoEvenIsDavid said:

Ohhh nice. I’m thinking of a rig with a 9700k an a 1660ti aswell,

Nice. Yeah they say its the sweet spot for gamers on a budget and they're right lol. When you get into the RTX series you gatta bump it up to 1440p and that adds a lot of money haha

8 hours ago, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

You shouldn't buy a 3080 for 1080p anyway, I'd say an RTX 3070 or a 3060 Ti if you want high refresh rate.

For 75 hz 1080p in those games, 1660 Ti is fine

3070 is for 1440p

My humble setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T2hrW3

7 hours ago, DisneyDriver said:

3070 is for 1440p

1080p high refresh rate would work too. It would probably be bottlenecked a lot though

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

its a decent gaming card, not high end but competent/middle of the road, definitely more than good enough to hold you off till the shortage ends or even the next few years if you dont care about having the newest shiniest card.