Replacement for Intergrated graphics

MadSnuggle

Hello there,

I am building a cheap PC that will be used only for web browsing. So it doesnt need a powerfull graphic card and the budget is quite cheap to. I wanted to get an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere. And nobody knows when they will be available again.  The other option would be to buy a CPU that doesnt have any intergrated graphics as only those seem to be in stock here. What graphic card is semilliar in performance to Intergrated Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics? The cheaper the better. But i'd like the performance to be at least like that.

Regards,

Josh

see if the intel i3-10100 is in stock. it has similar performance to the 3400g, if not better in terms of cpu and enough gpu for web browsing. should also be cheaper. even a i3-9100 would do the trick for web browsing, or a ryzen 3200g

11 minutes ago, MadSnuggle said:

Hello there,

I am building a cheap PC that will be used only for web browsing. So it doesnt need a powerfull graphic card and the budget is quite cheap to. I wanted to get an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere. And nobody knows when they will be available again.  The other option would be to buy a CPU that doesnt have any intergrated graphics as only those seem to be in stock here. What graphic card is semilliar in performance to Intergrated Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics? The cheaper the better. But i'd like the performance to be at least like that.

Regards,

Josh

if you need a GPU, the GT 1030 has similar performance. Although the IGPU in any modern i3/i5 should be fine for web browsing/basic work

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

For web browsing and youtube 1080p videos you can literally get among the cheapest gpus out there and it wouldn't even break a sweat, i have a GT 710 for a build that's made just for videos and web browsing and it serves me fine to this day, never did i felt limited by it.

15 minutes ago, MadSnuggle said:

Hello there,

Regards,

Josh

GT 1030 has the same performance as R5 3400G. Check if the i3 10100 is available - it's cheaper than ryzen (at least it was)

The GT 130 would be a horrible choice, as it lacks a hardware encoder, useful in case you'd ever want to stream games or record yourself with a webcam or something. It's also very expensive ... For just browsing and youtube videos you could just go on ebay and look for a AMD R5 230 / 240 / 250 / 340 /  R7 xxx  ... can probably find them from 20-30$ and up.

Get a used Ryzen 1400 , 2200g, 2400g, 3000g...  even 200ge would be suitable for browsing but bad for gaming. 

Or go with Intel, the integrated graphics are decent enough. 

There's also options like socket 1150 from intel and the cheap processors for it, and cheap ddr3...

Another option you could have for just browsing is some old refurbished computer , some Dell / HP/ Lenovo with an i3 or i5 from 3-4 generations ago - you can probably find a refurbished pc for around 200 euro. Then add maybe 8 GB DDR3 and/or a SSD to improve the performance. 

Example from my country : 

145 euro incl. vat : HP 8300 Desktop, Intel Core i5 Gen 3 3470 3.2 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 500 GB HDD SATA, DVDRW, Windows 10 Home  https://citgrup.ro/calculatoare/refurbished/hp_8300/68070.html

210 euro incl. vat : DELL Optiplex 7010 Desktop SFF, Intel Core i7 Gen 3 3770 3.4 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 500 GB HDD SATA, DVDRW, Windows 10 Home : https://citgrup.ro/calculatoare/refurbished/dell_optiplex_7010/77286.html

Add 4-8 GB of DDR3 for 15-20 euro and a 120 GB SSD and you have a mean browsing machine. 

Thank you all for all the recomendations. Il have a look around and see whats on stock from all of that and make a decision. Never seen such bad times to build a PC before thou. Everything seems so scarce.