Audio setup recommendations

GOJIRA229

I am improving my audio setup by getting a balanced tube amp some balanced cables for my hd579 and new cables for my fideleo x2hr and I have $50 left over I want to know if any planars I could get or if any one has recommendations 

there aren't really any new planars in this price range yet. you can probably find some cheap goldplanars or a used he 400i for a bit more than $50

8 minutes ago, rice guru said:

there aren't really any new planars in this price range yet. you can probably find some cheap goldplanars or a used he 400i for a bit more than $50

I saw some in ear monoliths for that price but also is should I even get a balanced audio setup or just get some higher end fancy headphones because if I don’t get balanced I won’t know what I am missing 

3 minutes ago, GOJIRA229 said:

I saw some in ear monoliths for that price but also is should I even get a balanced audio setup or just get some higher end fancy headphones because if I don’t get balanced I won’t know what I am missing 

those aren't very good I would ignore them personally they aren't very good and have pretty awful build quality. personally remembering that you wanted a p20 I personally wouldn;t bother with that amp. but is ok balanced and its worth a try. but honestly your not missing too much by going balanced vs unbalanced. its all about amp quality 

5 minutes ago, rice guru said:

those aren't very good I would ignore them personally they aren't very good and have pretty awful build quality. personally remembering that you wanted a p20 I personally wouldn;t bother with that amp. but is ok balanced and its worth a try. but honestly your not missing too much by going balanced vs unbalanced. its all about amp quality 

Do you know if hd 579s or fideleo’s x2hr are good with tubes or should I get something like the hd 545 and new ear pads for 60$ and I got a loxjie p20 new for 75$ with extra tubes with 25$ shipping 

3 minutes ago, GOJIRA229 said:

Do you know if hd 579s or fideleo’s x2hr are good with tubes or should I get something like the hd 545 and new ear pads for 60$ and I got a loxjie p20 new for 75$ with extra tubes with 25$ shipping 

senns usually react well with tubes but it entirely depends on amp and the qualities of the stock tubes on whatever amp you end up getting as alltubes dont sound the same. some tunbes can sound neutral and favoring clarity while other tubes can muddy up the bass 

Just now, rice guru said:

senns usually react well with tubes but it entirely depends on amp and the qualities of the stock tubes on whatever amp you end up getting as alltubes dont sound the same. some tunbes can sound neutral and favoring clarity while other tubes can muddy up the bass 

Thanks so senns are usually good with nice tubes

Just now, GOJIRA229 said:

Thanks so senns are usually good with nice tubes

senns usually react well to a tube amp but my experience with senns are with higher end senns. personally in your case I would get headphones that can take advantage of you rcurrent gear as IMO I dont think the 579 ro fidelios aren't relaly benefiting much off youyr current gear If Im remembering right that you have a asgard and modius

Just now, rice guru said:

senns usually react well to a tube amp but my experience with senns are with higher end senns. personally in your case I would get headphones that can take advantage of you rcurrent gear as IMO I dont think the 579 ro fidelios aren't relaly benefiting much off youyr current gear If Im remembering right that you have a asgard and modius

Yes an Asgard and modius and I have an audio eq program to make the fideleo almost perfectly flat 

13 minutes ago, GOJIRA229 said:

Yes an Asgard and modius and I have an audio eq program to make the fideleo almost perfectly flat 

alright . with the money you have I would just get asomething like a sundara or hd 600 series headphone

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

alright . with the money you have I would just get asomething like a sundara or hd 600 series headphone

Thanks I have decided on trying tubes and balanced through the p20 and plan to not upgrade my stack after that for now I plan to spend my left over $60 on good adapters and headphone stands and wait till my birthday on 2/28.5 to get money to buy headphones up a tier like 600 series or 700s or the good headphones in that range

28 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Do you know how to unkink a coiled cable

image.jpg

1 hour ago, GOJIRA229 said:

Do you know how to unkink a coiled cable

image.jpg

unfortunately no.