New PC stopped booting.

Creavend
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

Have you reseated the CPU power connector? If you have, it is a dead motherboard, and try to go about doing an RMA claim. 

Greetings to all.

I finished my first build back in December, it booted, I successfully installed windows and started using the computer. I did so for at least two weeks if I remember correctly, then I downloaded Ryzen Master, but didn’t apply any sort of OC. Nevertheless, an OC was applied somehow and after that I had some issues getting into windows. I eventually managed to get in using secure mode and disabled the OC, but the day after that the computer did not boot and has not since then.

The specs are these:

X570 Taichi MOBO

Ryzen 7 5800X

ASUS Geforce GT 1030 OC (xD Literally the cheapest pascal card I could find. It was supposed to be a 3070, but you know what the situation is on that front).

G.Skill Tirden Z Neo CL16 3600

Corsair RM 850x PSU

I don’t know if the rest of the specs matter but have a

Noctua U14S CPU cooler

An Asus Disk drive

Cooler Master MasterCase MC500

So far I have tried these steps:

-       I reseated the RAM

-       Reseated the CPU

-       Changed the CPU

-       Took the build out of the case and tried booting again using the mobo box as a bench.

No success so far. At this point I suspect something is up with the mobo, but I want to see if there is anything I can still try.

This is what happens when I try to boot:

With the first CPU, I turn on the power supply and the mobo RBG will kick in. Then I turn the computer on and the fans start spinning, the RAM RGB kicks in but then it would never boot, just stay like that. It will not power off nor reset by pressing the case or mobo’s buttons, only if I turn the power supply off. Debug codes only show 00.

With the second CPU (Atlon 300G) it will do almost the same thing, with the difference that it will turn on and off as when it first booted, but it never will finish that cycle.

Any ideas? Thx in advance.

Have you reseated the CPU power connector? If you have, it is a dead motherboard, and try to go about doing an RMA claim. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I have, 3 times actually. I also checked that the cables on both ends of the PSU were secure. That is what I fear 😞 just my luck for the first ever build.

Just now, Creavend said:

I have, 3 times actually. I also checked that the cables on both ends of the PSU were secure. That is what I fear 😞 just my luck for the first ever build.

Good luck, I've luckily never had to do an RMA, but I've only ever bought one new motherboard in my life. Let me know how it goes with support though, as I'm planning on upgrading my rig to a 5900X with that specific board when I can finally buy a CPU, and want to make sure I won't get a board with awful customer support in case I end up in your situation.

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Good luck, I've luckily never had to do an RMA, but I've only ever bought one new motherboard in my life. Let me know how it goes with support though, as I'm planning on upgrading my rig to a 5900X with that specific board when I can finally buy a CPU, and want to make sure I won't get a board with awful customer support in case I end up in your situation.

Will do, thx for the help!

On 1/22/2021 at 9:33 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

Hi as promised I came back with the update regarding this. Apparently, AsRock does not RMA directly but through the retailers for most cases, and only get involved if you have some kind of trouble. So I requested the return from my retailer, your mileage may vary, but I purchased from bhphotovideo and they created the RMA as soon as they listened to my explanation.

On 1/25/2021 at 3:08 PM, Creavend said:

Hi as promised I came back with the update regarding this. Apparently, AsRock does not RMA directly but through the retailers for most cases, and only get involved if you have some kind of trouble. So I requested the return from my retailer, your mileage may vary, but I purchased from bhphotovideo and they created the RMA as soon as they listened to my explanation.

OK, thanks. I'm hoping to get it through Microcenter, so it should be a pretty good RMA process if necessary.