Any monitor calibrators here?? To calibrate the CX Oled..

Helloo,

Its been 2 months now since i bought the LG CX Oled and i want to learn to calibrate and doing it properly.

I've done hours of research trying to find tutorials, mostly on YouTube, and i have only found one proper stream that is only giving a glance of monitor calibration. Done by Colour.Training and the stream was doing an overview of the course that they will offer on their site...which is almost 2 months late from when they said it would be up in the stream. Now this guy from Colour.Training in that stream gave a proper education.

But all the rest of the tutorials are crap, literally crap and half-assed. Only one other I've found which does an almost full tutorial but he is doing it half-assed, like alright these stats are good enough so I'm not going to bother to explain what to do in order to improve these stats and the other big thing is that they don't go over which TV-settings to use.

So I'm reading and just finding information all over the place about the probe and not really understanding all what is explained. Like i was sure that i was going for the X-rite i1 Display Pro. But later on i found information that the colour isn't proper set up in the beginning and you need to do profiling? This is one of the things I don't quite understand what i need to do.

So my questions follows,

1. What is that i need to prepare with the X-rite probe before i can properly calibrate the CX?

2. Can i use a USB-stick or Nvidia Shield PRO to output 4k signal?

3. What are the recommended TV-settings to use for different types for example shooting games, immersive RPG racing games, SDR / HDR, Netflix, Other streaming platforms. 

4. Can anyone link me to a proper guide/explanation?

5. Is there someone reading this post who has ISF-certificate whom I could ask questions to and learn from?

Edited by Drayne
Added a question

35 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

So just finished watching that clip but it wasn't for me.

Its good, better than a lot that I've seen but he is not thorough and there are key things that he doesn't go through like the longer you let the software calibrate the more accurate the results will be. I'm also definitely going to use Calman but i did saw a setting for the speed on the software he used for the guide. 

2 minutes ago, Drayne said:

So just finished watching that clip but it wasn't for me.

Its good, better than a lot that I've seen but he is not thorough and there are key things that he doesn't go through like the longer you let the software calibrate the more accurate the results will be. I'm also definitely going to use Calman but i did saw a setting for the speed on the software he used for the guide. 

different parts of the screen will also give different results? I guess you gotta try out a few things, or if anyone else knows.

7 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

different parts of the screen will also give different results? I guess you gotta try out a few things, or if anyone else knows.

Yes, the results are different depending on where u place the probe, every spot has a difference in brightness/luminance and thats especially true for LCDs. THe difference is a bit smaller on the Oleds and im going to calibrate a LG oled TV.