Bsod help

Shirasha

Hi there. As the title suggests, I'm looking for help with BSODs.

I'd like to start that I'm, by no means, a very tech knowledgeable person. I'm just decent at following guides that's why I decided to have a crack at building a pc but these bsods has certainly putting me off from it. Haha. 

I built this pc I'm having a problem with not less than two months ago, it was fine and dandy the first few days then bsods started popping in. Varying errors tho some error codes has reoccured more than twice.

But strangely enough, I can play Apex for hours like 6+ hours long without a single bsod but I don't plan on just having this pc just for the sake of playing Apex. 

What I've done so far is reinstall the OS(where a BSOD occured during windows setup), HCImemtest with 12 instances and no errors, memtest86 with no errors.

• OS - Windows 10 Pro x64 
  • I bought a CD key online. Believe it should be OEM
  • Age of system: Not more than 2 months old
  • Age of OS installation: less than a month
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: Palit GTX 1660 Super OC ver
  • Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro
  • RAM: G.Skill 3200mhz 8 GB x2(running at non xmp)
  • Power Supply - Corsair CX650M
  • Desktop

I wasn't able to do perfmon report as required because it just wouldn't finish at all. Hope these zipped recent dump files is okay. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

dump.zip

56 minutes ago, Shirasha said:

Hi there. As the title suggests, I'm looking for help with BSODs.

I'd like to start that I'm, by no means, a very tech knowledgeable person. I'm just decent at following guides that's why I decided to have a crack at building a pc but these bsods has certainly putting me off from it. Haha. 

I built this pc I'm having a problem with not less than two months ago, it was fine and dandy the first few days then bsods started popping in. Varying errors tho some error codes has reoccured more than twice.

But strangely enough, I can play Apex for hours like 6+ hours long without a single bsod but I don't plan on just having this pc just for the sake of playing Apex. 

What I've done so far is reinstall the OS(where a BSOD occured during windows setup), HCImemtest with 12 instances and no errors, memtest86 with no errors.

• OS - Windows 10 Pro x64 
  • I bought a CD key online. Believe it should be OEM
  • Age of system: Not more than 2 months old
  • Age of OS installation: less than a month
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: Palit GTX 1660 Super OC ver
  • Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro
  • RAM: G.Skill 3200mhz 8 GB x2(running at non xmp)
  • Power Supply - Corsair CX650M
  • Desktop

I wasn't able to do perfmon report as required because it just wouldn't finish at all. Hope these zipped recent dump files is okay. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

dump.zip 1.22 MB · 0 downloads

Also screenshots of the bluescreens where we can see the error massages and codes would help

1 hour ago, Shirasha said:

RAM: G.Skill 3200mhz 8 GB x2(running at non xmp)

are they in slots 2 and 4? why not xmp?

1 hour ago, Shirasha said:

Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro

bios up to date? chipset drivers installed?

17 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Also screenshots of the bluescreens where we can see the error massages and codes would help

I couldn't quite get screenshots of it but I did try to remember which occured more frequently: 

-IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

-PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

-DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

are they in slots 2 and 4? why not xmp?

bios up to date? chipset drivers installed?

I believe I had them in 1 and 3. Not really sure if I'm counting right but the first stick is on furthest from cpu then skip a slot for the next. I just figured it would be more stable to have it at non xmp whilst I figure out what's causing it.

I'm not sure really but the local seller I bought it from did tell me it was up to date for the Ryzen chip I had. As for chipset drivers, I was unsure whether to update it because I wasn't sure if what I had was the latest already and was feeling reluctant thinking I may break something else. Also, I wasn't sure if I should install the chipset from my motherboard manufacturer or from amd. 

11 minutes ago, Shirasha said:

I couldn't quite get screenshots of it but I did try to remember which occured more frequently: 

-IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

-DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

I believe I had them in 1 and 3. Not really sure if I'm counting right but the first stick is on furthest from cpu then skip a slot for the next. I just figured it would be more stable to have it at non xmp whilst I figure out what's causing it.

I'm not sure really but the local seller I bought it from did tell me it was up to date for the Ryzen chip I had. As for chipset drivers, I was unsure whether to update it because I wasn't sure if what I had was the latest already and was feeling reluctant thinking I may break something else. Also, I wasn't sure if I should install the chipset from my motherboard manufacturer or from amd. 

Sound like memory errors or hard disk corruption. Boot from a live Linux USB and see if the problem still persists 

5 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Sound like memory errors or hard disk corruption. Boot from a live Linux USB and see if the problem still persists 

How does one do that if I may ask? 

Also, I forgot to mention that I have two drives. A Samsung 970EVO nvme 250gb and a samsung 870QVO 2tb. Thought I should mention in any case it might help. 

39 minutes ago, Shirasha said:

-IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

-DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

update bios to the latest non-beta bios from your motherboard's site.

update chipset drivers from amd

enable xmp

1 hour ago, Biomecanoid said:

Thanks will try this after boggy's if the problem still persists

52 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

enable xmp

Thanks. Will try. I'm still a bit scared to update the bios on my own but hopefullu it goes well. 

Will update how it goes. Thanks a lot again to both of you.

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

enable xmp

Just wondering about updating BIOS, do I just download the latest? Like I don't need to download and update into the ones in between my current and latest?

47 minutes ago, Shirasha said:

Just wondering about updating BIOS, do I just download the latest? Like I don't need to download and update into the ones in between my current and latest?

Just the latest

54 minutes ago, Shirasha said:

follow the instructions on the bios download page. sometimes they want you to install some intermediate ones, but they will mention it

So I found out my bios is at F50 through Gigabyte's app center. Do I have to update to F60? Since reading from the site that it just adds b450 support for the newer amd cpus.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:00 PM, Biomecanoid said:

Just the latest

On 1/22/2021 at 9:08 PM, boggy77 said:

follow the instructions on the bios download page. sometimes they want you to install some intermediate ones, but they will mention it

Just wanna update you both. My PC has been running fine. I was able to run it on idle for more than an hour(6 hours to be exact) without bsods and managed to do the regular stuff I do which isn't really that intensive beyond games and drawing. 

Thanks a lot again to both of you. Tho I do feel kinda silly that all it needed was a chipset driver install/update. Haha