Gigabyte 980ti solid color crash

docterlat

I have a gigabyte windforce 980 ti g1 or gv-n98tg1 gaming-6gd that ive had since new and just recently more and more it has been happening from just being on desktop to being in games. I have reset os entirely, reset drivers, reset graphics card in pci slots, different ones. pc runs fine on integrated mb gpu chipset, but whenever on dedicated gpu(980ti) crashes frequently and is big rip. any help?

is there any programs specifically that cause the card to crash? Also what is your PSU, as if you have a unit that is borderline on the requirements, it may have been worn down. 

However, with this info specifically, it is sounding like your GPU is dying. If you have another PC or a friend who can try it in his computer, do that to see if he has the same issues, but it does sound like the card is on its way out.

13 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

is there any programs specifically that cause the card to crash? Also what is your PSU, as if you have a unit that is borderline on the requirements, it may have been worn down. 

However, with this info specifically, it is sounding like your GPU is dying. If you have another PC or a friend who can try it in his computer, do that to see if he has the same issues, but it does sound like the card is on its way out.

I have an 750w psu thats 2 years old and literally startup lock screen will crash it, or sometimes i can play games for 30 min and it crashes

11 minutes ago, docterlat said:

I have an 850w psu thats 2 years old and literally startup lock screen will crash it, or sometimes i can play games for 30 min and it crashes

The only other thing I can suggest is trying to reinstall windows, but otherwise it really does sound like a dying GPU

9 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The only other thing I can suggest is trying to reinstall windows, but otherwise it really does sound like a dying GPU

ill try to rma it and if they cant or wont, ill be stuck waiting to grab a 3080

Sadly it sounds like a dying gpu, my 780ti had a very similar problem where the screen would go solid green and fan to 100%, I couldnt shut down through Windows and had to hard shutdown. for me it happened after about 2 mins of a game