Drivers not installing properly

Jtromme

Hey can anyone help with this driver issue? I run DXDiag to check the date of the latest driver installed, and it says 1/30/20, whereas the latest game ready driver for the 3070 came out on 1/7/21. I have tried to DDU, do a custom, clean installation from Nvidia's website, and nothing seems to work. Can anyone help? I have and EVGA XC3 3070, 16gb of ram (dual channel, correctly seated), and a 5800x.

I have a 5800x and a 3070

Just now, Jtromme said:

and nothing seems to work.

What error message(s) do you get?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

I do not get an error message.

Just now, Jtromme said:

I do not get an error message.

Do you get any messages at all?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Do you get any messages at all?

No, it's strange. It says that the installation was successful, when I try to install drivers in any way, but after I reboot and check DXDiag, it still claims that I have outdated drivers. Should I completely uninstall all things related to Nvidia and try to install drivers from there?

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

My computer is working fine by the way, just the new drivers won't properly install.

Just now, Jtromme said:

No, it's strange. It says that the installation was successful, when I try to install drivers in any way, but after I reboot and check DXDiag, it still claims that I have outdated drivers. Should I completely uninstall all things related to Nvidia and try to install drivers from there?

So to Hell with what DXDiag says, what does the GPU properties page say?

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

So to Hell with what DXDiag says, what does the GPU properties page say?

How do I check that?

Just now, Jtromme said:

How do I check that?

Assuming win10, right click on "this PC" on your desktop, choose last option "properties"

click on "device manager", find the video card (typically listed under Display adapters)

right click, go to "properties " then choose "driver" tab, and it will tell you when it was last updated

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Assuming win10, right click on "this PC" on your desktop, choose last option "properties"

click on "device manager", find the video card (typically listed under Display adapters)

right click, go to "properties " then choose "driver" tab, and it will tell you when it was last updated

It says the same, 12/30/20.

1 minute ago, Jtromme said:

It says the same, 12/30/20.

12/30/20 or 1/30/20? You have posted two different dates.

If it's the former, I wouldn't worry about it, that's 22 days old. Effectively you are running the latest.

If it's the later, then you have much larger issues.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

12/30/20 or 1/30/20? You have posted two different dates.

If it's the former, I wouldn't worry about it, that's 22 days old. Effectively you are running the latest.

If it's the later, then you have much larger issues.

12/30/20, sorry for the confusion, I mistyped. The problem is when I am trying to play Minecraft, it will constantly crash and a common problem is outdated video drivers. Minecraft does very poorly with outdated video drivers.

9 minutes ago, Jtromme said:

12/30/20, sorry for the confusion, I mistyped. The problem is when I am trying to play Minecraft, it will constantly crash and a common problem is outdated video drivers. Minecraft does very poorly with outdated video drivers.

From my experience, when you go to install an nVidia driver, it'll show you your existing driver build number, and the new version it's going to install.

What does the driver say?

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

From my experience, when you go to install an nVidia driver, it'll show you your existing driver build number, and the new version it's going to install.

What does the driver say?

On Geforce experience? 

Just now, Jtromme said:

On Geforce experience? 

yes, if you do a "custom" install, it should list all the existing driver build numbers, and what it's going to upgrade to.

48 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

yes, if you do a "custom" install, it should list all the existing driver build numbers, and what it's going to upgrade to.

It is still saying that I am using the outdated drivers... Even after installing and a reboot.

1 minute ago, Jtromme said:

It is still saying that I am using the outdated drivers... Even after installing and a reboot.

Hmmm...

And you've used DDU, my only suggestion then is either a fresh install of Windows (ugh, right?) or work with the existing drivers as they are and try again in a few months.