Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Budget (including currency): not sure between 100-300

Country: frozen north canada

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: web developing, gaming and every day use.

Other details Im starting from scratch, Im working off a hp pavilion laptop that I got used from someone else. Im looking to build a brand new PC but I'm clueless on which parts are the best. Ive spent almost a solid week looking at pc towers and the ones I do like my boyfriend says are garbage, Im looking for recommendations for a middle to full tower. please help me tech guru.

PS. Boyfriend is a big fan of yours and we watch your youtube channel all the time. 

Sincerely

clueless and confused

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tinytechgirl21 said:

Budget (including currency): not sure between 100-300

Country: frozen north canada

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: web developing, gaming and every day use.

Other details Im starting from scratch, Im working off a hp pavilion laptop that I got used from someone else. Im looking to build a brand new PC but I'm clueless on which parts are the best. Ive spent almost a solid week looking at pc towers and the ones I do like my boyfriend says are garbage, Im looking for recommendations for a middle to full tower. please help me tech guru.

PS. Boyfriend is a big fan of yours and we watch your youtube channel all the time. 

Sincerely

clueless and confused

You are not building a system for 300$

At least not a good one, or new for that matter.

Double your budget

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tinytechgirl21 said:

that budget is just for the pc case

Ah, you didn't say that.

What's your total budget?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tinytechgirl21 said:

total budget for just the tower and guts between $1500-2000

Ok, that opens you up for a number of options.

What have you been looking at, that your gf says are bad?

Post them here, let's see if he's right

 

oh, and quote me so I know you replied

 

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, that opens you up for a number of options.

What have you been looking at, that your gf says are bad?

Post them here, let's see if he's right

 

oh, and quote me so I know you replied

 

Im mostly looking for lots of room for all my guts, and future upgrades, a little flashy with rgb lighting, really don't care about the color of the case, sturdy and easy to work with, able to take on extra storage drives, and able to take any motherboard. boyfriend says they are to cheap and made poorly, but if someone recommends me a good case I will take that over what I've picked.

 

the cases that appeal to me are:

  • golden field z21 mid tower computer E_ATX/ATX/Micro ATX/ITX gaming PC Case Metal Frame tempered glass swing door
  • cougar Panzer max PC computer gaming case full tower mini ITX / Micro ATX/ CEB/ L-ATX/ E-atx 
  • MUSETEX Phantom Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with USB3.0 and 6pcs 120mm ARGB Fans Pre-Installed, Tempered Glass Panels Gaming PC Case Computer Chassis(907-W6)

  • Segotep Phoenix ATX Black Mid Tower PC Gaming Computer Case USB 3.0 Type-C Ports/Graphics Card Vertical Mounting with Tempered Glass & RGB Front Panel
  • ASUS TUF Gaming GT501 White Edition Mid-Tower Computer Case for up to EATX Motherboards with 2 x USB 3.1 Front Panel, Smoked Tempered Glass, Steel Construction, and Four Case Fans

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tinytechgirl21 said:

Im mostly looking for lots of room for all my guts, and future upgrades, a little flashy with rgb lighting, really don't care about the color of the case, sturdy and easy to work with, able to take on extra storage drives, and able to take any motherboard. boyfriend says they are to cheap and made poorly, but if someone recommends me a good case I will take that over what I've picked.

 

the cases that appeal to me are:

  • golden field z21 mid tower computer E_ATX/ATX/Micro ATX/ITX gaming PC Case Metal Frame tempered glass swing door
  • cougar Panzer max PC computer gaming case full tower mini ITX / Micro ATX/ CEB/ L-ATX/ E-atx 
  • MUSETEX Phantom Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with USB3.0 and 6pcs 120mm ARGB Fans Pre-Installed, Tempered Glass Panels Gaming PC Case Computer Chassis(907-W6)

  • Segotep Phoenix ATX Black Mid Tower PC Gaming Computer Case USB 3.0 Type-C Ports/Graphics Card Vertical Mounting with Tempered Glass & RGB Front Panel
  • ASUS TUF Gaming GT501 White Edition Mid-Tower Computer Case for up to EATX Motherboards with 2 x USB 3.1 Front Panel, Smoked Tempered Glass, Steel Construction, and Four Case Fans

 

The main issue is less the case, but rather the PSU (Power Supply Unit). Yes, you'll want good airflow, but buy your PSU seperately.

If this is the mustex

https://www.amazon.com/MUSETEX-Mid-Tower-Computer-Tempered-Pre-Installed/dp/B08CRMDZCK

it looks fine to me, plenty of room for expansion and airflow

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

The main issue is less the case, but rather the PSU (Power Supply Unit). Yes, you'll want good airflow, but buy your PSU seperately.

If this is the mustex

https://www.amazon.com/MUSETEX-Mid-Tower-Computer-Tempered-Pre-Installed/dp/B08CRMDZCK

it looks fine to me, plenty of room for expansion and airflow

bf says its really cheaply made and I should spend a few hundred on a good case. he build is rig just under 6g. the power supply is not a big issue since ill be buying the PSU from memory express or New egg. Ive budgeted PSU around $600.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tinytechgirl21 said:

bf says its really cheaply made and I should spend a few hundred on a good case. he build is rig just under 6g. the power supply is not a big issue since ill be buying the PSU from memory express or New egg. Ive budgeted PSU around $600.

I have no direct experience with any of those cases you listed. It's not like the case has any moving parts, it's just a frame to hold the system together. All the same, I'd rather not get in a pissing match with your bf, his view of "cheaply made" and my view is bound to differ and I"m not going to be the reason you two start fighting.

 

You should probably take his advice over some random stranger online.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Radium_Angel said:

I have no direct experience with any of those cases you listed. It's not like the case has any moving parts, it's just a frame to hold the system together. All the same, I'd rather not get in a pissing match with your bf, his view of "cheaply made" and my view is bound to differ and I"m not going to be the reason you two start fighting.

 

You should probably take his advice over some random stranger online.

lol our disagreements are fun, we argue with nerf guns, so don't worry about it.

besides I came her to get another persons perspective and boyfriend can get the nerf guns if he dares to challenge me.

I do appreciate your input thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tinytechgirl21 said:

lol our disagreements are fun, we argue with nerf guns, so don't worry about it.

besides I came her to get another persons perspective and boyfriend can get the nerf guns if he dares to challenge me.

I do appreciate your input thanks

In which case, if you like the case, it certainly has enough room for expansion, I'd say go for it

Now we need to figure out the rest of your build...

 

you know about pcpartpicker.com yes?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

In which case, if you like the case, it certainly has enough room for expansion, I'd say go for it

Now we need to figure out the rest of your build...

 

you know about pcpartpicker.com yes?

yes, ive been looking at testing builds once i got a case picked out

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tinytechgirl21 said:

yes, ive been looking at testing builds once i got a case picked out

Well the choice between Intel and AMD for CPUs is merely a choice between a Lamborghini or a Maserati. Both will get you what you need in spades, it's simply a matter or preference, pricing and availability 

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well the choice between Intel and AMD for CPUs is merely a choice between a Lamborghini or a Maserati. Both will get you what you need in spades, it's simply a matter or preference, pricing and availability 

ya im kinda stuck on cpu, AMD is getting really good ratings and catching up to intel but Intel has I7 and is a well known producer of good cpu's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, tinytechgirl21 said:

ya im kinda stuck on cpu, AMD is getting really good ratings and catching up to intel but Intel has I7 and is a well known producer of good cpu's.

Intel, as I understand it, has the lead in single core performance, which is what most (not all, but most) games seem to like.

AMD has the advantage in core/thread count as it relates to bang for the buck.

 

Again, don't think you can go wrong with either one. What's most important to you regarding what you are going to do with this new PC?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×