So i found out that my neighbor is moving aswell and he offered to let me help him look through his basement well at first look/question he told me he had some intel Pentium 3's and alot more older computer hardware CRT monitors ect all in mint condition. Is there anything I should keep my eye out for? I'll try to get pictures soon. Time to learn about computers. Just from the basic look he's an IT guy has servers everywhere. 

Just now, goldenburd said:

Is there anything I should keep my eye out for?

If you find a Slot 1 Pentium III 1 GHz, that's expensive.

elephants

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

What would it look like? He did say something about a Pentium that was on the era of being socket and being soldiered in but it was like a graphics card today with a fan?

3 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Already saw some of his psus that are like 500 usd these days think it was a antec stealth with a black heatsink around it?  Everything is in original packaging so its worth a bit but he has to get rid of some.

1 minute ago, goldenburd said:

What would it look like? He did say something about a Pentium that was on the era of being socket and being soldiered in but it was like a graphics card today with a fan?

Like this, except with a III instead of a II.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slot_1#/media/File:Pentium_II_front.jpg

I don't think there are any markings as to their clockspeed on the cartridges.

elephants

Yeah that sounds like Slot1 Could be anything on there, like a Celeron, PII PIII. I had a Katmai as my first CPU in an HP Pavilion with aftermarket VooDoo II lol, and after a few CPUs ended up with a nice Coppermine that I was able to run at 1.06GHz on a Soyo Dragon. P4 was alive and well by that point though. I barely remember those days wow.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

Just now, freeagent said:

Yeah that sounds like Slot1 Could be anything on there, like a Celeron, PII PIII. I had a Katmai as my first CPU in an HP Pavilion with aftermarket VooDoo II lol, and after a few CPUs ended up with a nice Coppermine that I was able to run at 1.06GHz on a Soyo Dragon. P4 was alive and well by that point though. I barely remember those days wow.

He also has drr and drr2  which my young eyes have never seen 

7 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Like this, except with a III instead of a II.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slot_1#/media/File:Pentium_II_front.jpg

I don't think there are any markings as to their clockspeed on the cartridges.

Not sure about the PIIIs, but they are usually marked on the top along with some other information. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, ProjectBox153 said:

Not sure about the PIIIs, but they are usually marked on the top along with some other information. 

My P3 just says "Pentium !!!" on the side.

No markings on the top.

elephants

I gotta get pictures. I thought i might hit the forum because i don't want any artifacts to go to waste 

I have some of my favorite CPU's from over the years too. Not all of them unfortunately. Old hardware is nothing like todays hardware, obviously I suppose.. but those days were special, because real pioneering was happening. There are guys here with much much more knowledge then I have.. I listen to them, you young whippersnappers should too 🙂

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

9 minutes ago, goldenburd said:

Behold over 20 pcs 

It's an old timer's field day!!!

Good find. 

Take it all, clean it up and start testing hardware. 

24 minutes ago, goldenburd said:

Behold over 20 pcs 

Now that's some nice stuff. I see a Dell server, some OptiPlex machines, an older Dell Dimension, a Gateway and more. That's the kind of stuff I love to find, and that's a lot of it!

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Theres a antec phantom psu 500w.

2 sealed in box gtx cards 630 i think. never opened!

Hell of alot more all free to me or being scrapped

Battle axe mother boards everywhere. 

Drr

Drr2 

Drr3 

Pentium ii's 

First aio. 

Butter fly cpu cooler.

In box intel processors.

In box graphics cards.

And more.

Edited by goldenburd
More info

1 minute ago, goldenburd said:

Theres a antec phantom psu 500w.

2 sealed in box gtx cards 630 i think. never opened!

Hell of alot more all free to me or being scrapped

If it's all free to you then take it. Seriously. Even if it looks beat up and rusted take it. I see a lot of very nice stuff there. 

1 minute ago, ProjectBox153 said:

If it's all free to you then take it. Seriously. Even if it looks beat up and rusted take it. I see a lot of very nice stuff there. 

I can't im moving to

There are enough pieces to make a nice buck evenif it was all broken (humidity and age). If that stuff works some of it might actually bring a nice bunch of money if you find a collector. Probably the very old stuff. DDR3 is pretty expensive on ebay as well. 

But yeah, I remember the days of that tech era. My first new PC was a 486DX2 with 8MB memory (and then P2, P4, Athlon XP, Core 2 Duo, some Intel Macs, Core i 4th gen and now Ryzen). Damn, I'm old.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

• 1 month later...

Gtx 750ti 

5 new in box graphivs cards all work! 

Everything does!

20210213_191046.jpg

20210213_191037.jpg

20210213_191042.jpg

20210213_191026.jpg

Passive colded intel Pentium 3's 

And non passive colded 4tb drives

4gb bigfootdrive working conditions 

20210213_190627.jpg

20210213_191022.jpg

20210213_190632.jpg

20210213_190635.jpg

On 1/24/2021 at 10:13 PM, bowrilla said:

There are enough pieces to make a nice buck evenif it was all broken (humidity and age). If that stuff works some of it might actually bring a nice bunch of money if you find a collector. Probably the very old stuff. DDR3 is pretty expensive on ebay as well. 

But yeah, I remember the days of that tech era. My first new PC was a 486DX2 with 8MB memory (and then P2, P4, Athlon XP, Core 2 Duo, some Intel Macs, Core i 4th gen and now Ryzen). Damn, I'm old.