RAM unstable on XMP profile - no other overclocking

Recently assembled a new system, but been having some problem I think are memory related. First off, I am experiencing blue screen crashes in games . I ran some Prime95 to see if maybe the memory was being weird, and sure enough it throws errors within a minute or two of starting the test (rounding errors, causes workers to stop). I also ran memtest86 and it gave errors as well but now I think it may have to do with the XMP profile, as when I ran Prime95 at stock RAM speed (2133) it was fine.

I am using 32GB(2x16) Gskill RAM, rated to run at 3600MHz/1.35V while in XMP mode. My CPU is a Ryzen 3200G (I know, it's a stopgap until I can get something better). My CPU is NOT OVERCLOCKED, nor is any other component in the system. Is there a possibility that the CPU itself could be causing the problems seeing as how it is very weak in comparison?

If not, how can I more accurately diagnose the problem? I plan to run memtest again tonight at stock speeds, but until then I want to know if there is anything else I can do to narrow this down a bit more.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

the cpu struggles to run the ram at 3600.

go in bios, enable xmp, but then manually reduce ram frequency to 3200. if that still doesn't work, reduce to 2933, that should work.

a bios update should help as well.

also make sure ram is in slots 2 and 4.

5 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

eh CPU memory controller MIGHT be the problem but it's more likely that it's a combination of the XMP profile not being quite right for stable running (it's not a guarantee) and the memory controller not liking what it's seeing - 3200g is still Zen+ IIRC and Zen+ was still picky as fuck about memory

what's your board, find it hard to believe there's no other memory overclocking avenue open to you especially in this day and age and on a build where you've splurged money to get 32gb of memory

usual memory instability fixes are to nudge voltage a bit or relax timings. i would go on relaxing the timings first

Board is Gigabyte Aorus Pro X570. Currently testing at 2933, the highest memory my CPU is rated for.

I can certainly try to play with the voltage and timings a bit. Is there a voltage ceiling where I should stop if I cant find stability? Not sure what a safe limit is since I didn't have to do anything to the RAM on my last system.

The XMP timing is 16-19-19-39. Any suggestions on how I should go about increasing these?

1 hour ago, yaboistar said:

2933 might be ok then, it took me a lot of fucking around to get 3200 to work on a 2600 i remember that much

yeah i'd say stop at 1.4v, higher won't damage the memory or anything but it starts to pick up in the heat output

i'd try 17-19-19-39 then, sometimes just loosening the first off by one can help, otherwise notch them all up by one and see where that gets you

frankly though if you get 2933 running ok then i reckon you could drop down to 15-17-17-37, maybe change the front to 16 if it doesn't like that

2933 is stable in P95 for ~1 hour. Will try to run it overnight to be sure. Going to try some games to see if I get a blue screen. Will report back with voltage/timing results.

Zen+ at 3600 won't be easy, especially on a 3200g which probably contains lower-binned IMC than the higher end chips.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

Zen+ at 3600 won't be easy, especially on a 3200g which probably contains lower-binned IMC than the higher end chips.

Yeah it's starting to look that way. It's fine as it is only a temporary CPU. I just hope my eventual 5000 series CPU won't give me as much trouble.

Just now, Shoopman said:

Yeah it's starting to look that way. It's fine as it is only a temporary CPU. I just hope my eventual 5000 series CPU won't give me as much trouble.

IIRC 5000 series has 3000 series IMC, and 3000-series seems to manage 3600 well so it should be fine.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x