Working with an RTX 2070

Budget (including currency): $300 (14,413.95 Philippine peso)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming (Streamlabs OBS, OBS), Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Spellbreak, Hades, Cyberpunk 2077, Anno 2070, etc. (Mostly games that are being sold for free during the holidays)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Please excuse if I have wrong grammar in this or if it doesn't make proper sense, I try my best.

I am getting some people giving feedbacks in regards to my build but unfortunately they couldn't contact me back due to their schedule. I was told that somewhat my CPU and MOBO are a bottleneck to my RTX 2070. Now, I am still learning about computers.

Unfortunately, due to the pandemic I have lost my job. And I am in a fixed budget in modifying this. Right now, I have a new job but I wish to keep the budget that I have plan for this 2070. And also, I am also one of those people who bought a 20 series w/o knowing that there would be a new 30 series coming out or the new Radeon RX's. So I am now trying to stick with this RTX 2070.

I would like to ask some help on how I can make my 2070 to be fully utilized during gaming and/or streaming.

Main concern of mine is to have a big amount of FPS being drawn out to Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War. I could turn down the graphic settings of the game for me to react faster in it but it will cost me my eyes looking at it and determining what I am looking at. I am looking for it to be a good amount of graphics that I can tell what it is I am looking at from a distance but at the same time having a big amount of FPS being drawn out.

Here's what I have on my Rig...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor

MOBO: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 (Originally 2 but a friend of mine donated his 2 G. Skill)

GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Dual Video Card

PSU: In Win Classic 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Monitor 1: Asus VE247H 23.6" 1920x1080 Monitor (Chat, Programming, Clock) - Portrait

Monitor 2 (Main): Acer KG251QF 24.5" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor

SSD x3 - I have SSD's around 2-4 TB storage for programming, videos and documents (Win 10 runs in one of them)

HDD x2 - 2 TB Backup purposes

Should I have gone for a PCIe storage instead for my OS or gaming?

If you have the time and knowledge, please help me out. I'd appreciate some kindness in my life this 2021, thanks!

my 2700x and 2080 get about 120 with everything on high/ultra and no ray tracing , i imagine if your 2070 you would get around the same if you put the textures on med/high

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

15 hours ago, flashiling said:

My 2700x and 2080 get about 120 with everything on high/ultra and no ray tracing , I imagine if your 2070 you would get around the same if you put the textures on med/high

2700x and 2080? Are you on OC?

My average FPS on high would be 70 going down to 54 FPS. On Medium, it goes 116 to 90 FPS only. But with the settings that I am going to get more FPS is that I have to lower it more which is making it harder for me to look at. Even on Medium settings some scenario makes it hard for me to look at on my screen. No motion blur, no Ray Tracing, and not much shadows or disabled shadows while the rest are on medium to low settings. If I place everything to super low the highest FPS would give me is around 122 FPS but the quality is so terrible to a point it is like I am playing Play Station 1 again (I don't mind the quality back then and now).

Maybe I should also get a new monitor with a higher Refresh rate (prob, higher than 1080p and higher than 144 Hz), if my budget allows me. (Yes, I am aware that the main source of FPS would be from the Hardware of the Rig and not on the monitor, mainly)

Hmmm...

you keep the nvme storage for the os so it could be faster and much smoother and keep sata ssd for games and other things.

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

4 hours ago, Nightmarecrow said:

2700x and 2080? Are you on OC?

My average FPS on high would be 70 going down to 54 FPS. On Medium, it goes 116 to 90 FPS only. But with the settings that I am going to get more FPS is that I have to lower it more which is making it harder for me to look at. Even on Medium settings some scenario makes it hard for me to look at on my screen. No motion blur, no Ray Tracing, and not much shadows or disabled shadows while the rest are on medium to low settings. If I place everything to super low the highest FPS would give me is around 122 FPS but the quality is so terrible to a point it is like I am playing Play Station 1 again (I don't mind the quality back then and now).

Maybe I should also get a new monitor with a higher Refresh rate (prob, higher than 1080p and higher than 144 Hz), if my budget allows me. (Yes, I am aware that the main source of FPS would be from the Hardware of the Rig and not on the monitor, mainly)

Hmmm...

personally i feel like it's a personal balance between fps and settings,

in most games i just slash it on ultra and roll with it but in shooters i tend to take a but more of a performance approach.

my gpu has a good OC on it but my cpu has absolutely no OC on it what so ever, i think i enabled XMP too.

but there is also a bit of a performance difference between the 2070 and 2080, and i probably also get a few extra Ghz on my cpu.

what Mhz is your gpu running at, and how hot does it get?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:08 PM, flashiling said:

personally i feel like it's a personal balance between fps and settings,

in most games i just slash it on ultra and roll with it but in shooters i tend to take a but more of a performance approach.

my gpu has a good OC on it but my cpu has absolutely no OC on it what so ever, i think i enabled XMP too.

but there is also a bit of a performance difference between the 2070 and 2080, and i probably also get a few extra Ghz on my cpu.

what Mhz is your gpu running at, and how hot does it get?

Mhz is around and less of 1.4 and my temps is quite low due to have 5 140mm fans and 1 120mm (3 front fans and recently a bought a small cooler that works with the 2 140mm fans). I've managed to get a lot of air flow. I am prepping for it for future upgrades but as of right now. I need a proper MOBO and CPU to let me fully utilize my 2070 while I save up some G's.