5600X PBO and Curve Optimizer for those interested..

So I made a post about the 5900X when I had it and I had some of the best performance out there. Now I have a 5600X (traded up to grab a 6900 XT to play with) and maybe this information might be useful to someone..

Using PBO in combination with the Curve Optimizer results in the best performance you can possibly get out of the new Ryzen 5000 series CPUs. This has been my experience with the 5900X I had and now the new 5600X I'm using. Check my previous post if you want to see my post about the 5900X (most of this stuff applies to all 5000 series).

This has made all core overclocking practically useless for Ryzen, unless you need to conserve power in something like an SFF/ITX case. I get higher all core performance (4.85GHz) than I could possible get by setting it manually (most I could get was like 4.6 or 4.7GHz).

I'm running a B550 Gaming Carbon with a Ryzen 5600X (240mm AIO), 3600c16 Crucial Ballistix RGB, and a Reference 6900 XT. My RAM is currently running 4000MHz 16-17-16-16-36 1T 1:1 with Infinity Fabric (must set manually), am getting some WHEA ERRORS.

With PBO + Curve Optimizer I'm able to run my 5600X around 4.85GHz, all core, while gaming. Now it's not quite like the 5150MHz I was getting on my 5900X, but it's great nonetheless. 

r20: 4717 multi, 622 single

R23: 12,144 multi (no single yet)

Geekbench 5: 9675 multi and 1679 single

My 5600X runs over 4.7GHz the entire time during those runs, which is pretty damn good (close to a good 3700X while beating some slower ones).

Temps only reached 74C max during each run. In Prime95, I get around 84C for 5-10 minutes.

SETTINGS:

I have PBO settings maxed out in the BIOS:

PBO: Advanced
PBO Limits: Motherboard
PBO Scalar: 10X

PBO Boost Clock Override: 200MHz

Platform Thermal Throttle Limit: 255

CURVE OPTIMIZER: Negative 20 all core.

LLC: Level 1 (not sure if necessary)

My 5900X liked per core on the Curve Optimizer and benefitted from different values (check previous post). Your results may vary and should be tested to find the best settings/results.

I'm not touching any other voltages or anything like that. CPU voltage is auto still.

That's it!

PBO Scalar: 10X

The PBO scalar is a reliability scalar and thus a hazard, I wouldn't recommend running it 10X without any form of negative voltage offset.
Your memory settings are also very strange.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

6 hours ago, alatron978 said:

The PBO scalar is a reliability scalar and thus a hazard, I wouldn't recommend running it 10X without any form of negative voltage offset.
Your memory settings are also very strange.

I agree about the 10X, I lowered it to 1X because I was having issues in Warzone and I think that was it. 

The memory timings yield 55ns in Aida64 and passes memtest86, so I don't find it that strange. I can't run 16-16-16-16-36 with this Micron E Die like you can with Samsung B Die, but nonetheless, it performs great!