PC build rec

Cafrick

Budget (including currency):  2500ish Au ($2000ish US)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Overwatch, Apex, valorant - a lot of terraria, photoshop and lightroom

Other details 

I would like to build myself a really nice PC for both gaming and photo editing, my budget is anywhere up to AU $2500- ish (US $2000 - ish). I would like the ability to comfortably game in 1440p at 144hz. I love my photog and often edit photos using photoshop and lightroom - I do not require lightning fast processing, I just want it to be efficient enough :). I was hoping that I could get a recommendation for a PC build. I would love for you to consider parts which may not be available at the moment as I am in no rush to build the pc and would like to prioritise the end result. For instance, I was thinking that nvidias 3070 GPU would be my best option?
I do have a case preference, I like the look of some of nzxts, however I would much rather prioritise air flow and budget.
(this build obviously excludes the monitor and keyboard etc)

Thanks all!

5 minutes ago, Cafrick said:

Budget (including currency):  2500ish Au ($2000ish US)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Overwatch, Apex, valorant - a lot of terraria, photoshop and lightroom

Other details 

I would like to build myself a really nice PC for both gaming and photo editing, my budget is anywhere up to AU $2500- ish (US $2000 - ish). I would like the ability to comfortably game in 1440p at 144hz. I love my photog and often edit photos using photoshop and lightroom - I do not require lightning fast processing, I just want it to be efficient enough :). I was hoping that I could get a recommendation for a PC build. I would love for you to consider parts which may not be available at the moment as I am in no rush to build the pc and would like to prioritise the end result. For instance, I was thinking that nvidias 3070 GPU would be my best option?
I do have a case preference, I like the look of some of nzxts, however I would much rather prioritise air flow and budget.
(this build obviously excludes the monitor and keyboard etc)

Thanks all!

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

15 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Good luck finding a 3080 at $925 AUD - MSRP is $1200. Also, a note- that board doesn't have BIOS flashback afaik so you'd need a spare CPU to update it for Ryzen 5000.

I'd probably go for something like this:

Just a slight downgrade of the cooler for a better wattage psu, and also to cut costs even more, a cheaper case would work

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Case Rosewill NAUTILUS ATX Mid Tower Case $60.50 @ Newegg Australia
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $60.50
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-21 10:17 AEDT+1100  

Possibly something like this

2 hours ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Just a slight downgrade of the cooler for a better wattage psu, and also to cut costs even more, a cheaper case would work

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Case Rosewill NAUTILUS ATX Mid Tower Case $60.50 @ Newegg Australia
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $60.50
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-21 10:17 AEDT+1100  

Possibly something like this

I'd much rather have a good 650W than a middling 750W, and 650W is more than enough for a 3070.