PC BREAKING DOWN

MrPersonMan

So, I have already made a thread about this issue, however, due to new thing happening and the fact that I dandle get any responses, here is the full story. Recently, my pc has been lagging a crazy amount. Whenever I open a game, I gat insane frame drops that just make it completely unplayable. This is not a problem due to bad specs, as I have an i5 with 8gb of ram and a 970, yet it struggles with even CSGO. After a while I get a blue screen, and my pc resets just fine. Keep in mind that these bluescreen have happened both when the pc was idle and when I was playing games. I am not good with computers, especially software, so I hardly understand any of these problems, which is why I ask for help. I keep trying to get responses but they never come, but I'll keep trying. I ran software to find the problem and these were the two types of blue screens that I had gotten:

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C3B20)
Bugcheck code: 0x154 (0xFFFFA60736A04000, 0xFFFFC009F86EC000, 0x2, 0x0)
Error:
UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product:
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the store component caught an unexpected exception.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (FLTMGR+0x3F46)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3F, 0xC8B64, 0xC8B64, 0x7707D16D)
Error:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
product:
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

Can you edit your post?
People who use dark mode (like me) can't read it as it is black on black.

elephants

7 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Can you edit your post?
People who use dark mode (like me) can't read it as it is black on black.

I made it yellow and bold to make it easier to read 

Yeah I had to mark all the text....

Anyway, OP. Did you add any new hardware lately?

Here are some things to try.

1. open msconfig (winkey+r, type msconfig and press ok) choose diagnostic startup, reboot the PC and see if it still keeps happening.

2. Download memtest86 (free), make a bootable USB flashdrive and run at least 2 passes after booting on the flash drive.

3. Search start menu for cmd and choose run as administrator, in the window run the following commands

chkdsk c: /r /f

Reboot the PC and let check disk do it's thing. When back open cmd as you did before and run these commands.

sfc /scannow

(reboot if it fixed something)

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

(again, reboot).

Which i5? Which Mobo? What ram?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, aDoomGuy said:

Yeah I had to mark all the text....

Anyway, OP. Did you add any new hardware lately?

Here are some things to try.

1. open msconfig (winkey+r, type msconfig and press ok) choose diagnostic startup, reboot the PC and see if it still keeps happening.

2. Download memtest86 (free), make a bootable USB flashdrive and run at least 2 passes after booting on the flash drive.

3. Search start menu for cmd and choose run as administrator, in the window run the following commands

chkdsk c: /r /f

Reboot the PC and let check disk do it's thing. When back open cmd as you did before and run these commands.

sfc /scannow

(reboot if it fixed something)

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

(again, reboot).

Sorry for taking so long, but I finally did what you asked. First, I didn't change any pc parts recently. 

The scan said that "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"

It also said "No component store corruption detected." 

Not sure what that means or what to do now

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Which i5? Which Mobo? What ram?

The processor is a core i5 4590, 8gb of ddr3 1600 mz ram. The card is a stock GTX 970. The psu is 650W. I have a 120Gb SSD and a 2 terabyte HDD. The window program is installed on the SSD, and all of my games are on the hard drive. Right now I'm not too sure of what the motherboard is but I could check

1 hour ago, MrPersonMan said:

The processor is a core i5 4590, 8gb of ddr3 1600 mz ram. The card is a stock GTX 970. The psu is 650W. I have a 120Gb SSD and a 2 terabyte HDD. The window program is installed on the SSD, and all of my games are on the hard drive. Right now I'm not too sure of what the motherboard is but I could check

Please do

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, MrPersonMan said:

Sorry for taking so long, but I finally did what you asked. First, I didn't change any pc parts recently. 

The scan said that "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"

It also said "No component store corruption detected." 

Not sure what that means or what to do now

That simply means that you have no corrupted critical system files and that your Windows image appears to be ok. Did you run Memtest86 to test your memory for error? What about diagnistic startup, are you still seeing bluescreens? If you don't see them on diagnostic startup that probably means some driver or application is causing your problems but it could potentially also be hardware which have it's driver loaded into Windows.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:00 AM, aDoomGuy said:

That simply means that you have no corrupted critical system files and that your Windows image appears to be ok. Did you run Memtest86 to test your memory for error? What about diagnistic startup, are you still seeing bluescreens? If you don't see them on diagnostic startup that probably means some driver or application is causing your problems but it could potentially also be hardware which have it's driver loaded into Windows.

I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond, I have been caught up in quite a lot of work recently. I ran a windows memory diagnosis and nothing came out of it.

On 1/20/2021 at 8:38 PM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Please do

On 1/21/2021 at 3:00 AM, aDoomGuy said:

Update on this thread. I tried playing a deathmatch game of CSGO and the problem seems as terrible as ever. However, the more I played the game the better it seemed to get. The real issue was when a new match was loaded. However, the lag spikes were still going on

45 minutes ago, MrPersonMan said:

Update on this thread. I tried playing a deathmatch game of CSGO and the problem seems as terrible as ever. However, the more I played the game the better it seemed to get. The real issue was when a new match was loaded. However, the lag spikes were still going on

You tried diagnistic startup? 

2 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

I haven't tried that yet. Most videos on how to do it are about how to fix diagnostic startup problems 

8 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

On 1/20/2021 at 8:38 PM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Please do

Nothing came out of it. My games have been lagging more than ever. Whenever I open a game it mentions that it fails to load a steam file. I'm running out of ideas

11 hours ago, MrPersonMan said:

Nothing came out of it. My games have been lagging more than ever. Whenever I open a game it mentions that it fails to load a steam file. I'm running out of ideas

Yes when you start up Windows with diagnostic startup you tell Windows not to load any third party drivers. So your display drivers aren't loaded. It is to see if your system are stable since you complained about bluescreen. Are you still seeing those?