CPU bottleneck

Scrapzei

So I have a Ryzen 5 2600x with a RTX 2060 I have been monitoring my cpu/GPU usage, and framerate. I noticed that my cpu usage was always at 50 to 60 percent but my GPU would always be at around 30 percent. I tested this on Fortnite with all low settings, 1920x1080 max 3d resolution, and I have turned on max performance on nvidia control panel along with the windows high performance mode. Do any of you have advice why this is happening? The CPU and GPU should not be this bottlenecked. I also get tons of hitches which are noticeable in the game. 

24 minutes ago, Scrapzei said:

So I have a Ryzen 5 2600x with a RTX 2060 I have been monitoring my cpu/GPU usage, and framerate. I noticed that my cpu usage was always at 50 to 60 percent but my GPU would always be at around 30 percent. I tested this on Fortnite with all low settings, 1920x1080 max 3d resolution, and I have turned on max performance on nvidia control panel along with the windows high performance mode. Do any of you have advice why this is happening? The CPU and GPU should not be this bottlenecked. I also get tons of hitches which are noticeable in the game. 

50 to 60% load on all cores, or 100% on some to where it averages out to 50 to 60% usage?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Sounds like you're playing on a 1080p 60hz display.

V-sync is probably on by default so your GPU is only pushing up to that.

Try a way more intensive game then fortnite. unless CPU or GPU is at 100% its not a bottleneck 

Really depends on the game too. Something like Cities will test your computer very differently to Fortnight which will do different than Mario brothers. It could just be that the game wants the parts to work more than they need to to try and make things smother for you.
If you're really worried about the hitches, then see if you can make it a stable framerate in the settings. I had similar looking thing in Halo CE, but setting it to a "constant expected speed" really smoothed thing out.

2 hours ago, Voluspa said:

50 to 60% load on all cores, or 100% on some to where it averages out to 50 to 60% usage?

It averages out some cores using 100% some cores not 

22 hours ago, Voluspa said:

A 3600 would be a really good improvement. I'd look into some benchmarks in games you normally play.

I'm thinking the reason you'd be CPU bound but only showing a small percentage of usage, 50%, would be the way the games are loading the CPU. You have a 6 core CPU. If CSGO is heavily using 2 cores(100%) and you have some background usage, that would average out to 50% on all cores. I'd look at individual core usage instead of overall. If you open task manager. Make sure it is in the expanded view, More Details in the bottom left. Click Performance. Right click the big CPU graph and select Change Graph To>Logical Cores. Sorry if it's something you already know and it got over explained, it's just nice to get it all out.

If you use that graph, I'd be willing to bet 2 are being fully or almost fully used and the rest have a little bit of usage, but for the most part nothing major. 

5 minutes ago, Scrapzei said:

It averages out some cores using 100% some cores not 

So the games you're playing use a few cores. They wont utilize the whole CPU if that makes sense. There was a pretty good discussion about this yesterday in a different thread. Different set up, but same idea. Your CPU usage wont hit 100% on those games, but the cores that the game is using are working at 100%. If that makes sense. Your CPU can't feed information to the GPU faster than it is without an OC, so the GPU utilization wont go up unless you set higher settings for graphics that will use the GPU more.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?