Appraise my build

ZestyJalapeno

Budget (including currency): £1000 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Adobe Creative suite, Warzone, 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Building an all purpose gaming and video processing pc for my media student brother. Specifically went for an overkill PSU for reliability and its 10yr warranty. Buying today. Used GTX 1070 in 2021 because obviously the GPU market is a joke

CPU and cooler ryzen 5 3600x 179
GPU used gtx 1070 from ebay 300
PSU corsair rm750 105
mobo asus b450 prime 80
case fractal design focus in blue 43
SSD samsung 1tb evo 92
RAM corsair vengeance 16gb 3200 75
OS windows 10 pro activation key 3

Appraise my build

On a scale from angle grinder to puffer-fish, I rate it as a nice dress from Neiman Marcus. Hope that helps. 🤪

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 minutes ago, Dogeystyle said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Adobe Creative suite, Warzone, 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Building an all purpose gaming and video processing pc for my media student brother. Specifically went for an overkill PSU for reliability and its 10yr warranty. Buying today. Used GTX 1070 in 2021 because obviously the GPU market is a joke

PSU corsair rm750 105
mobo asus b450 prime 80
SSD samsung 1tb evo 92

was able to squeeze a 5600x in my build 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

16 minutes ago, Dogeystyle said:

PSU corsair rm750 105
mobo asus b450 prime 80
SSD samsung 1tb evo 92

300 pounds for a 1070 really is just insanity. You could get these for 120 pounds less with ease half a year ago and if lucky even at half price. The others have posted better builds (like a lot to a decent bit better so go with them)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Final build was this

CPU and cooler ryzen 5 3700x 285
GPU used palit gtx 1070 ti airstream from ebay 285
PSU corsair rm750 105
mobo asus b450m prime 75
case fractal design focus 43
SSD wd blue 1tb m.2 92
RAM corsair vengeance 32gb 2666 108

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

300 pounds for a 1070 really is just insanity. You could get these for 120 pounds less with ease half a year ago and if lucky even at half price. The others have posted better builds (like a lot to a decent bit better so go with them)

it's bad, but I found a 1070 ti for 285 that was only listed 2 minutes ago, gotta take the small wins

4 hours ago, Dogeystyle said:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Final build was this

CPU and cooler ryzen 5 3700x 285
GPU used palit gtx 1070 ti airstream from ebay 285
PSU corsair rm750 105
mobo asus b450m prime 75
case fractal design focus 43
SSD wd blue 1tb m.2 92
RAM corsair vengeance 32gb 2666 108

Oh damn that ram is not good if you can change it get 3600mhz ram it has a noticeable performance boost

18 hours ago, jaslion said:

Oh damn that ram is not good if you can change it get 3600mhz ram it has a noticeable performance boost

after watching GN benchmarks, I switched the order to 3200mhz and a 5600x for a slight price increase. I did not know how much better the Zen 3 parts were, so thanks Amazon Prime!

1 hour ago, Dogeystyle said:

after watching GN benchmarks, I switched the order to 3200mhz and a 5600x for a slight price increase. I did not know how much better the Zen 3 parts were, so thanks Amazon Prime!

Oh yeah for gaming that will easily be a 20% improvement at the minimum over a 3700x.