Something wrong with my m.2 SSD... again.

So about 2 months ago I've built a new PC (I only took 2,5" SSD, 1tb HDD and GPU from the old one). My boot drive was a brand new PNY 500GB M.2 PCIe NVMe XLR8 CS3030. Everything was fine for a few days until I started getting weird freezes/crushes. Basically, once said freeze would happen I couldn't turn anything on or off. I still had control over the mouse, I could click Windows menu and shut down but nothing would happen and all I could do was to turn my PC down with a power button on the case. After couple of days of this happening one evening it happened again but this time I was not able to start the PC, instead it'd go into bios. I took my PC to the service and the guy said that M.2 is dead. He also made my PC boot from old 2,5" SSD (still had Windows 10 on it). I used it like that for about a month without any problems whatsoever. Ofc I send the M.2 back on warranty and received a brand new one. Couple of days ago I Installed the new M.2 and installed win10 on it and it was working fine until yesterday when exact same "freeze" happened. It happened today as well.

The probability of me receiving two faulty drives is very low, but it worked fine on old SSD so I don't think there is something wrong with the PC I've built. And also what is there to do wrong with M.2 to a point where it dies like that. Does anyone know what might be the issue or should I just abandon M.2's altogether and buy some new 2,5" SSD.