A couple of unrelated questions that have been really anoying me

Ankh Tech
Go to solution Solved by TylerDurden!,
2 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

stopped

i would clean the port, try it again and then buy a new charger

1. I have a really old dell inspiron n1150 i5-2450m gt525m, and the Wi-Fi isn't working. At first it didn't even show me options to choose from and I realised I turned it off, ok fn+f2 and it gives me options to choose from. Ok, my 5g network isn't even showing up, so I tried my 4G router, a tp-link 1500, and it keeps saying failed to connect to this network. I have a feeling it's because I'm using windows 10, but the drivers are for windows 7, although the internet was working on windows 10 before. And I don't know how bios works on these old laptops and I can't update windows because it says bios is outdated or something like that.

2. My school chromebook is a Acer spin r11 r751tn-c2jz intel celeron n3350 intel hd 500 and both usb - c charging ports aren't working. Well the right one is but only with a domino under the charger. I can confirm the charger is working, a repair shop said it's the ports that are not working, and he doesn't have replacements. And the school told me I have to pay for it again to get an older one, even though i pay it's price every year, 180 dollars a year.

52 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

Wi-Fi isn't working

buy a wifi adapter

52 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

c charging ports aren't working

clean the ports, check if you have a warranty.  Not worth it to pay someone to repair, use a usb-c adapter if you really need usb-c

2 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

buy a wifi adapter

you mean like usb to wifi dongle, yeah the usb on that thing just cuts off alot, but i'll try

2 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

clean the ports, check if you have a warranty.  Not worth it to pay someone to repair, use a usb-c adapter if you really need usb-c

The warranty isn't on me, the school bought it, and it only charges using type-c

33 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

have you tried a new charger

no, but the repair shop tested it on another device and it worked, and it used to charge one side, but then it stopped working, and then the other side worked and then stopped

2 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

stopped

Just now, TylerDurden! said:

ok will try that, thanks