My Friend's games won't start

SandmanSoggs
Go to solution Solved by SandmanSoggs,
On 1/20/2021 at 7:23 PM, RAS_3885 said:

Did the computer repair consist of swapping hardware? I'm not in any way familiar with how that anti-cheat software works other than that some of them look for specific hardware ID's tied to your system. Perhaps if hardware was swapped there's now a discrepancy that's preventing the games from launching. I do not know how to fix that other than maybe trying a Windows re-install completely.

NOTE: All my comments are based on the good-faith assumption that this issue is a by-product of a legitimate computer repair and is NOT him trying to get around something like a hardware ID ban.

Hello RAS_3885,

Thank you for the advice but my friend has managed to fix the issue by disabling a debug feature that he enabled by accident when watching an optimization video.

Hello everyone,

My friend and I were just trying to play fortnite but his game wouldn't start. He just got his PC repaired and most of his games are either uninstalled or won't launch. He has tried reinstalling the game (lots of times), reinstalling the launcher and downloading it on different drives. He thinks that the problem is that the anticheat isn't detecting his games. Does anybody know how to fix this?

It maybe because the files are incomplete since there are some games uninstalled maybe other ones are not at %100 percent integrity. I would do verify the integrity of the game files. 

What was repaired on the PC? Who did the repairs?

What error comes up when the game tries to launch (if any) or what happens when the game fails to launch?

Do other games besides Fortnite work?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

13 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

What was repaired on the PC? Who did the repairs?

What error comes up when the game tries to launch (if any) or what happens when the game fails to launch?

Do other games besides Fortnite work?

Games which aren't Epic Games Launcher. easyanticheat won't work so he cannot boot games.

8 hours ago, SandmanSoggs said:

Games which aren't Epic Games Launcher. easyanticheat won't work so he cannot boot games.

Did the computer repair consist of swapping hardware? I'm not in any way familiar with how that anti-cheat software works other than that some of them look for specific hardware ID's tied to your system. Perhaps if hardware was swapped there's now a discrepancy that's preventing the games from launching. I do not know how to fix that other than maybe trying a Windows re-install completely.

NOTE: All my comments are based on the good-faith assumption that this issue is a by-product of a legitimate computer repair and is NOT him trying to get around something like a hardware ID ban.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

On 1/20/2021 at 7:23 PM, RAS_3885 said:

Hello RAS_3885,

Thank you for the advice but my friend has managed to fix the issue by disabling a debug feature that he enabled by accident when watching an optimization video.