500W PSU for 3060 ti?

Bitax
Go to solution Solved by Awesome84,
6 minutes ago, Bitax said:

Ryzen 5 3600

I would recommend no less than 550 watts but 600 watts seems like the best option here.

I was wondering if a 500w PSU from seasonic (SFX) is strong enough to hold the load of a 3600 and a 3060 ti.

1 minute ago, Awesome84 said:

I would recommend at least a 600w PSU since I don't know your CPU.

Ryzen 5 3600

24 minutes ago, Bitax said:

I was wondering if a 500w PSU from seasonic (SFX) is strong enough to hold the load of a 3600 and a 3060 ti.

It would be probably but it's not recommended, as long as I remember, Ampere cards have high power spikes from time to time (do re-watch Linus's review of the cards), and that would cause system shut down if the power supply isn't capable enough to handle the sudden spikes in power draw. Nvidia officially recommends a 600W power supply even though the power requirement is only 200W.

I think someone could be okay with a 550W PSU (maybe idk) but I'd rather go with a 600W PSU just to have peace of mind firstly, secondly having some headroom in your PSU is good for its health and longevity, and thirdly, it could give you better upgradability in the future at least for your processor with respect to increased power draw...

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

Just now, WikiForce said:

should be fine, seasonic is one of the most reputable PSU brand but i would like to know what exact PSU model it is

Seasonic FOCUS SGX 80+ Gold 500w

6 minutes ago, Bitax said:

Ryzen 5 3600

I would recommend no less than 550 watts but 600 watts seems like the best option here.

Just now, Awesome84 said:

OK, thanks for the advice!