Need help with grounding

Olitoni

Hello, my pc headset microphone is picking up a lot of noise, I am pretty sure this is because of lack of grounding because it doesn't happen on my phone or laptop. Also touching my case and radiator shocks me, so there is definately AC leaking. The house is old and does not have a ground wire. I know about CFGI, but does that ground the device? What can I do about this?
Thanks!

Also is AC leak normal?
My PSU is a Seasonic Focus GX-650W, it's pretty high-end so I'd think that shouldn't leak AC.

19 minutes ago, Olitoni said:

Hello, my pc headset microphone is picking up a lot of noise, I am pretty sure this is because of lack of grounding because it doesn't happen on my phone or laptop. Also touching my case and radiator shocks me, so there is definately AC leaking. The house is old and does not have a ground wire. I know about CFGI, but does that ground the device? What can I do about this?
Thanks!

Also is AC leak normal?
My PSU is a Seasonic Focus GX-650W, it's pretty high-end so I'd think that shouldn't leak AC.

Perhaps a UPS? 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Some AC leak from power supply is normal. Your computer should be grounded all the time.

UPS won't magically add a physical ground wire, so won't help.

Only solution is to add a grounding wire ... in old apartment buildings one option was to tie a wire to the metal radiators (heaters) or to water copper pipes, as the pipes eventually go somewhere in the ground  - absolutely no way whatsoever to any gas pipe.

The problem with this is some other guy in the apartment building may have some devices grounded this way and... if some device fails you could shock someone touching the metal radiators 

These days a lot of pipes or pipe segments are plastic so no guarantee you have continuous metal all the way into ground.

Even in old buildings, or in communist countries, there was at least one grounded outlet - in my parents' old apartment building there was one by the bathroom (to protect people that have washing machines inside bathrooms, or hair dryers.. due to humidity), or at the kitchen. You could get a long extension cord from that outlet and connect your pc to it.

Uhhhhh, I decited to measure it and i'm getting 120 volts AC on the case itself, what the ? On the other hand i don't feel anything when touching it without grounding myself on the radiator, so the meter might be wrong?

20210119_155906.jpg

120v on the case is normal, it's safe because the current leaked is very low ... so at most you're gonna feel a tingle or like a static shock.

The power supply is designed on purpose to leak a bit of AC on the secondary side because it helps reduce EMI and radio emissions from the power supply so the power supply doesn't affect old AM and FM radios and other radio devices (CB radios, walkie talkies,) and even old style EGA/VGA monitors or anything that involves analogue signals.

This leaked AC current is supposed to be dumped into earthing wire which is also connected to the psu case and the computer case, and therefore with a proper grounding/earthing, you wouldn't feel anything.

Ok, so i do have a radiator here, and it is grounded, used it to measure the 120v. I could also just wire the outlet ground to 0, but both options (outlet wiring, radiator grounding) are not perfect, not sure what i should do.