Help out a noob.

Maddog66

Hi all. I’m a PC user that’s learning. The hardware side I’m ok with but the software side is a mystery to me. I got a new computer a year ago and everything has been good. My kids wanted to use the old one for a few games so I got it out and set it up. 
it worked ok but when it booted up it kept coming up with some warning about sata and ide or something and asked me if I wanted to change the setting. I said yes and now it won’t boot. It keeps coming up a Windows 10 error of inaccessible boot drive. 
I think I need to change something back in the bios but no matter what button I push it won’t go into the bios. 
What am I doing wrong?

I can get to this page but I have no idea what to do. 

8D633744-D685-4E8D-9588-BA9DB55F92C3.jpeg

well its a corrupted windows installation

i suggest to reinstall windows

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

i'd suggest doing a reinstall of windows.

if you don't know how this can be done here's a link that should give a good explanation

https://richardtech.net/how-to-reinstall-windows-10/

a TLDR of the link is that you can use windows media creation tool (can be found on microsoft's website) to create a bootable usb device from the new pc, and plug that usb in the old computer after the tool has been created, then you can choose to format your drive to wipe everything off it (i would suggest this unless you have important files from before,  though they might not be intact in their current state so hopefully you got backups) and get a fresh install on the pc and then download all the drivers and such after 

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Maddog66 said:

Hi all. I’m a PC user that’s learning. The hardware side I’m ok with but the software side is a mystery to me. I got a new computer a year ago and everything has been good. My kids wanted to use the old one for a few games so I got it out and set it up. 
it worked ok but when it booted up it kept coming up with some warning about sata and ide or something and asked me if I wanted to change the setting. I said yes and now it won’t boot. It keeps coming up a Windows 10 error of inaccessible boot drive. 
I think I need to change something back in the bios but no matter what button I push it won’t go into the bios. 
What am I doing wrong?

It will probably be a setting called SATA Mode and depending on its age it will have IDE, AHCI and/or RAID as options. It could be either IDE or AHCI, you'd have to try both.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Thanks for the info. I had a read of that link and I made the windows USB on my other computer but I can’t see how I can install it if I can’t get into the computer OS or the bios? 

Ok. Somehow I managed to get into the bios. Is there something on this page I need to change?

C63070AF-BC97-4368-8F5A-D2CCFA80A84D.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Maddog66 said:

Ok. Somehow I managed to get into the bios. Is there something on this page I need to change?

C63070AF-BC97-4368-8F5A-D2CCFA80A84D.jpeg

You have 2 options there...

OnChip SATA Type and OnChip SATA Ports 4/5 Type.

Try changing both to AHCI, if that fails try setting both to IDE.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Ok, so I’m making progress. Thanks Master Disaster. I set them the same and it did eventually come on. I did have this screen though. Do you know what that means?

F1472513-59A8-4BE9-8B70-C7F11F6C05E6.jpeg

Just do last known good.

Its possible you have a dead CMOS battery, you can pick up a replacement from Amazon for very little. They're called CR2032 Coin Cells.