ASUS VS TP LINK

Ahhlong

I about to buy a wireless adapter but there is two to chose . A TP LINK TP WN8200ND OR A ASUS USB N13 WIRELESS N300

Which one has DDWRT support?

what's that lol

TP Link lost, ASUS wins by default.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Which one has DDWRT support? 

DDWRT cannot be installed on wireless adapters.

i had a TP-link of some sort..

caused errors with Microsoft Outlook.. something about the QoS settings that arent configurable in the TPLink..

odd, butr true

but to my old Netgear N600

DDWRT cannot be installed on wireless adapters.

Derp I thought he was talking about routers my bad. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Brought the tp link one :P it was working very well . Thanks guys

Asus hands down.

ps first time i heard tp-link i thought it was a bathroom product for some reason

Both are good brands, though If I had to choose I would pick the Asus wireless adapter. 

Better drivers and support. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Brought the tp link one :P it was working very well . Thanks guys

past tense... i knew it something is wrong... TP-Link is not to be trusted

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

The reason I chose tp link is because someone told me something . to link is the manufacturer of wireless products and things but Asus are not .

Take advantage of your pci-e connection with this:

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WDN4800

i9-9900K || MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC || Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC || 16GBCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz || Samsung EVO 970 Plus Samsung 850 EVO 2TB + Crucial BX100 500GB + 4TB HGST NAS || Factal Design Define Mini C TG || Corsair RM750x || Corsair H100i Pro RGB || Acer Predator XB271HU

The reason I chose tp link is because someone told me something . to link is the manufacturer of wireless products and things but Asus are not .

ASUS DO manufacture wireless products... you just have to google them >.>

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

past tense... i knew it something is wrong... TP-Link is not to be trusted

Never had a problem with it. What's the problem with it?

Never had a problem with it. What's the problem with it?

I've had 5 different TP-Links each one has constant disconnect and connect of wifi for the people in my home and 7 out of 10 when i start up the pc the internet isnt working until i restarted, checked almost everything bought new ones but theyre all the same, changed to ASUS now its 100% better.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Nothing wrong with the TP-Link. I have mine for a couple of years now and still working like on day one. Gonna upgrade soon though - possibly to TP-Link again.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I got a TP link Wireless-N pci-e card for my desktop fairly recently as I don't always have the option of wired connections with it, and so far, it's been rock solid. I debated an ASUS one as well, and I have an asus router that I love, but it was either 2x2 asus or 3x3 TP-Link, so I went with the TP-Link and don't regret it.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

I have a TP link PCI-E card as well and it is great, i get a good constant high speed connection. You made a good choice.