Need help Troubleshooting

Patooo

I've never built a pc before, and decided I'd like to build a small rig to enjoy some games. The specs are a Ryzen 5 1600 af, B450m Pro-4 f, 3600mhz of corsair vengeance 2x8gb ram, a 1660 super, cx450m psu, and a 2tb hdd as well as a 500gb ssd. My friends came over to help build it, and they put it together with me up until the wiring, and they had to leave. I'm not very smart with all of this PC stuff, but I followed the instructions and I think I've built it right but I'm not sure. When I have tried to turn on the pc, the fans on the gpu, cpu and case fans all turn on and they light up, but nothing shows on the monitor. After about 20 secons theres a tiny buzz noise coming from what sounds like the case fan, and the top case fan turns off first, followed by every other fans including the PSU one. There are a few things I have seen, tried and thought, so I'll share.

1. The ram may not be compatible with the cpu

2. I tried the reset button with the psu with everything out and it didn't work

3. I tried spamming the del and f2 key but nothing came up

4. All the usb slots are working, including the case and mobo ones

5. I noticed that with the 8bit cpu connector, there are meant to be two squares and two divots in the corners, but there are three divots and one square if that makes sense.

Please let me know if you think a part is broken, or I havent done something right, or if theres anything I can do. Thanks heaps

Also just wanted to say that it hasnt got windows yet

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

5. What does that mean and how it relates? Both 24pin and 8pin are keyed as in the holes are certain shape so you can only insert cable in one way. The machine wouldn't boot at all it it would lack CPU power. Maybe make sure that the 8pin is fully in as the PC will boot with just 4pins connected.

The BIOS might not support CPU without update. Looking at mobo support page, the R5 1600 is listed twice, one model number being fully supported, other only from BIOS version P2.00 onward. Memory might also not be supported fully because of CPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, Patooo said:

I've never built a pc before, and decided I'd like to build a small rig to enjoy some games. The specs are a Ryzen 5 1600 af, B450m Pro-4 f, 3600mhz of corsair vengeance 2x8gb ram, a 1660 super, cx450m psu, and a 2tb hdd as well as a 500gb ssd. My friends came over to help build it, and they put it together with me up until the wiring, and they had to leave. I'm not very smart with all of this PC stuff, but I followed the instructions and I think I've built it right but I'm not sure. When I have tried to turn on the pc, the fans on the gpu, cpu and case fans all turn on and they light up, but nothing shows on the monitor. After about 20 secons theres a tiny buzz noise coming from what sounds like the case fan, and the top case fan turns off first, followed by every other fans including the PSU one. There are a few things I have seen, tried and thought, so I'll share.

1. The ram may not be compatible with the cpu

2. I tried the reset button with the psu with everything out and it didn't work

3. I tried spamming the del and f2 key but nothing came up

4. All the usb slots are working, including the case and mobo ones

5. I noticed that with the 8bit cpu connector, there are meant to be two squares and two divots in the corners, but there are three divots and one square if that makes sense.

Please let me know if you think a part is broken, or I havent done something right, or if theres anything I can do. Thanks heaps

One possible problem I can see is that while a 1600af is a lot like a 2600 it’s not quite the same, and neither a 1600 or a 2600 can support 3600mhz memory.  The motherboard board may be having trouble with it too.  Good chance the fast memory defaulted to base speed (2166?) but it could be just hanging everything too.  I dunno.  Something to maybe look at if other troubleshooting doesn’t pan out. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.